The Award Winning App Montessori Letter Sounds is currently featured in Apple's New & Noteworthy. The app that used to be "iPad only" was updated last Thursday and is now iPhone compatible. Its beautiful graphics were enhanced for iPhone 5.
Montessori Letter Sounds is divided in 4 games: I spy, Letter Sounds, Mix & Match and Sound it out. When children first login, only two of the games are unlocked. To ensure a good learning progression, children have to earn marbles by playing the sound games before they can move on to harder games.
The app also contains a "tool box" with:
- A phonetic alphabet in script, cursive and upper case letters
- A notebook to practice writing on white or lined "paper"
- A sandbox to trace letters and "erase" them using a rake
- An image box to learn lots of new words and enrich vocabulary
The app can be used at home or in class (preschool and first grade) as its user interface can have more than 30 different users.Montessori Letter Sounds is an iPad only app. The iPhone version will be released before the end of the year.
A French version of the app exists: Montessori Letter Sounds Learn French. This app offers a very exclusive feature for young English speakers: they can listen to the instructions in English, while learning French words and French letter sounds!
All of Les Trois Elles Interactive's apps comply with Common Core State Standards in Preschool Math and Literacy and children love Tam & Tao, their twin character heroes.
Les Trois Elles Interactive has designed and published 4 educational apps:
- Montessori Numberland (numbers from 0 to 9)
- Montessori Letter Sounds
- Montessori Letter Sounds learn French
- Montessori Geometry (shapes in 2D and 3D)
Les Trois Elles' philosophy:
- Help children learn basic concepts using the Montessori Method on 21st Century devices
- Offer a beautiful interactive environment
- Increase children's self-confidence by never "punishing" wrong answers
Montessori Letter Sounds HD 3.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.