Royal Tern Software, Inc. today is pleased to announce that Beetle Trap for iOS has become available worldwide, exclusively through the App Store in the Games Category. Beetle Trap is a free puzzle game for the iPhone, iPod and iPad. Every level of Beetle Trap begins with 15 Beetles arranged on a Game Board. Each time you play a move, a Beetle is removed from the Board.
The objective of the game is to play your moves in such a way that you end with a Game Board left with a particular number of Beetles as per the Challenge for the level. For example in the very first level, the Challenge is to end up with 3 Beetles on the Board. Each level has its own challenge with higher levels requiring you to also end up with particular Board positions for the Beetles to be left on the board.
The Game has only two types of moves. The first type of move is a double tap on a Beetle on the Game Board and is played exactly once as the first move of a new level. The Beetle on which you tapped twice will be removed from the Board making an empty space. The next type of move is played by moving a Beetle which is in the second position from an empty space into that empty space. You play this move many times until you have removed enough Beetles from the Board and are left with the exact number of Beetles for you to win the level or you do not have any further valid moves.
For an empty space there could be more than 1 Beetle that can move into that space and you need to choose the Beetle to move based on your strategy and that is where the Game gets interesting. A certain number of Beetles are added to your collection for a win. You can view your Beetle collection and compare your collection with your friends. Higher levels are more difficult but award more Beetles for a winning play.
Once you have mastered a level, you can try the Time Challenge mode where you have to complete your moves within two minutes and reach a winning position.
The Game has other fun features such as a Beetle Collection Gallery, Leaderboards and Achievements using which you can compare your scores with friends or challenge them to beat your Beetle Collection or scores. The Leaderboards provide various comparisons such as fastest completion times and scores for players from around the world.
* Free game with 7 levels of increasing complexity
* Each level has a different Challenge. User can view the Challenge description at any time during play
* A Play Clock displays the elapsed play time
* A Time Challenge Mode where the moves have to be completed under 2 minutes. A Stop clock provides information about remaining time during Time Challenge Mode
* Different sounds for Home page, valid move, invalid move, menu click, winning and losing play
* Change Game Board colors from one of 5 different color combinations
* Change Stop Clock style from one of 3 different styles
* Change Beetles for the Game Board from one of 7 different combinations
* Change Home Screen from one of 4 different Splash images
* View Beetle collection on the device. Zoom and view your Beetle image, use swipe gestures to browse Beetles in your collection
* Leaderboard for fastest time for each level
* Leaderboard for Beetle score
* Leaderboard for number of times played
* Compare scores with players around the world
* Challenge friends to beat your score
* 14 different Achievement challenges. Challenge friends to beat your Achievements
* Ability to reset Achievements and start again
* Undo option (one time paid upgrade) provides a way to reverse previous moves
* Solution option (one time paid upgrade) displays an example solution for different levels leading to a winning play
* Detailed User Guide
Beetle Trap is a simple game, yet it makes you think, focus and remember and is a awesome puzzle game for all age groups. The current release is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.
Beetle Trap 1.0 is free with a couple of optional paid upgrade options. It is now available worldwide, exclusively through the App Store in the Games Category.