Hobbyist Software Ltd is pleased to announce an update to the bestselling VLC Streamer app, version 2.20. VLC Streamer lets you stream movies directly to your idevice without copying them over, so they are ready to play in seconds.
Responding to user requests, notably one from a sports coach who wanted to be able to show his players specific issues by slowing down playback of their performances, CEO Rob Jonson has updated VLC Streamer to be controlled by customizable gestures. You can choose from a range of gestures to control speed, volume, play and pause. You can skip backwards and forwards anything from 3 seconds to 5 minutes in your movie. There is no need to bring up the control panel, though you can do that with a gesture too. Now you can swipe and tap to manage your movies.
- No need for complex conversion processes
- No need to manually transfer movies to your device
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing (assumes a reasonably powered computer)
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly and allows you to browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- TV Out support for iPad and iPhone 4 - show movies from your iDevice on your TV
VLC Streamer 2.20 is available worldwide through the App Store in the Entertainment category for $1.99 (USD). Review copies are available upon request. If you'd like more information or a promo code in order to write a review, contact Lucinda at Hobbyist Software.