G8R Software today is pleased to announce the release of CaptureNotes 2 V2.0, a major update to their iPad Productivity app that allows users to combine handwriting, typing and audio recording, with an innovative marking system called Flags. The Flags are used to mark positions in your Notebook for quick reference when reviewing. When a Flag is inserted during Audio Recording or Playback, the Flag is linked to that specific point of the audio. Students, Business Professionals and every day iPad users have found the many features of CaptureNotes 2 to be incredibly useful, and the Flag function uniquely in class by itself.
With the release of V2.0, CaptureNotes 2 becomes a sharing powerhouse... Users can easily share Notebooks and Binders, which includes all elements within a Notebook. Teams can now share a consistent message including the directly recorded material, with Flags marking the key points. Assignments that are made during meetings will be clear, with no question about decisions that are made or who is responsible for fulfillment. Students can share a Notebook when working on a group project, so each person's responsibility is clear.
V2.0 also introduces multiple Custom Flag Sets... Every class, business meeting or home project can be supported with Flags pertinent to that specific topic. Students can build out Flag sets for each of their classes during a semester. A weekly Staff Meeting can have Flags available for the standard topics of discussion, and Flags for each participant. The meeting notes can then be circulated to all participants for specific follow up, or even shared to a corporate network... Accountability will be clear.
- Notebook Sharing - Users can share Notebooks via Email, Evernote, iTunes or Dropbox. All elements captured within any Notebook can be shared by any other CaptureNotes 2 user
- Binder Sharing - Like Notebook Sharing, users can now share entire Binders via Email, Evernote, iTunes, or Dropbox. Binder sharing also allows users to archive Binders that don't require frequent access
- Import Shared Binders - While in Your Binders, look for the Inbox with Arrow pointing in on the toolbar. Tapping this button will allow you to Import Shared Binders from Dropbox, Evernote or iTunes
- Security - PIN-based security locking system, that operates on the App or Binder level
- Multiple Custom Flag Groups - You can now build any number of Flag groups you require for your work, education, home
- Audio Segment Exports - You can now share Audio Segments, directly from a Notebook. When sending the the Audio Segments, you can choose all segments from a Notebook, or select specific segments
- Audio File Drawer - A quick reference to see if you have any Audio Segments in a Notebook... A closed drawer indicates no audio, and open drawer indicates audio segments present
- Enhanced Handwriting- Faster performance, quicker stroke tracking and improved velocity sensing
- PDF Import improvements - The size limitations for PDF imports have been removed, and the in Notebook performance has been significantly improved
- Separate Highlighter Tool - We've broken the Highlighter tool out from the Pen tool to let users jump quickly between the two. As you would expect, settings for each remain specific to the tool
- Palm Rest - Handle now retracts into the Palm Rest allowing you to write on the fully exposed area
- Quick Edit Name - Press and Hold the name of the Binder, and you'll enter the Binder Edit menu for quick, easy renaming
- Quick Reference - Notebooks will show what Flags and Audio with indicators for how many flags or audio segments are available
- Share Button - Tap for button list to Edit Binder, Share Binder, Change Color, Delete Binder, and Lock Binder
- Send To - There is a new option to send Audio Only
- Page Navigation in PEB - The Page Navigation mini menu is available when using the PEB. You can quickly advance or move back a page, as well as adding a new page, without having to close the PEB first
CaptureNotes 2 V2.0 for iPad is immediately available on the Apple App Store. Free to existing users, CaptureNotes 2 V2.0 is priced at $4.99 (USD). On sale for a very limited time for only $0.99.