To ensure you are eating adequate nitric oxide-rich vegetables for a heart-healthy diet, Berkeley Test provides an inexpensive and easy-to-use disposable saliva test strip for monitoring nitric oxide levels. In less than a minute, the results from the Berkeley Test strips can be analyzed on any iPhone with the free Cardio Diet Tracker and Nitric Oxide Food Recorder App v1.1 optimized for iOS7. The iPhone App provides immediate and ongoing feedback on foods that elevate your natural nitric oxide levels so those levels can be sustained for you to remain energized and fit.
The USDA recommends 4 to 6 daily servings of vegetables a day. For the vast majority of Americans, 2 cups of vegetables, especially for cardio-protective leafy greens, is often the upper limit of one's daily intake and less than 5 servings per week is typical. Sadly, society has moved away from multiple servings per day of vegetables substituting it with processed box food or supplements to satisfy dietary needs, which are often inadequate in nutritional value and nitric oxide potency.
The one-minute test is typically taken 2 hours after consuming plant-based meals during which time the body transforms the plant-based foods, such as spinach, celery, beet root and other leafy greens, into cardio-protective nitric oxide. It is well established through published clinical evaluations that elevated levels of nitric oxide enhances endurances and athletic performance. Go to Berkeley Test All-Stars to learn more about how Olympian and elite athletes use Berkeley Test.
In 1998, the Nobel Prize for medicine was awarded for discovering the importance of nitric oxide in cardiovascular health and wellness. Balanced whole food meals enriched with leafy greens, such as arugula, bok choy, kale, mustard greens, and spinach, can replenish the body's ability to generate cardiovascular protective and cardiovascular enhancing nitric oxide.
The inexpensive Berkeley Test strip used with the free iPhone app to record and track personal, plant-based diets increases the frequency of consuming leafy greens. The iPhone App analyzes your recordings demonstrating the healthy-heart benefits that these plant-based foods afford us.
Features of the Cardio Diet Tracker & Nitric Oxide Food Recorder app v1.1 for iOS7 by Berkeley Test:
* Records Nitric Oxide status throughout the day
* Shows which natural whole plant-based foods increases Nitric Oxide
* Provides feedback as to amount, frequency and mix of natural whole plant-based foods
* Keeps users on heart-healthy diets, such as Ornish, Mediterranean, TLC, Pritikin & DASH diets
* Tracks your Nitric Oxide status as it rises and falls throughout the day, week, and month, thereby allowing dietary adjustments
* Shares your cardio diet successes with your Facebook community
Results of focus group members using the Berkeley Test Strip and Cardio Diet tracker app found:
* More heart healthy vegetables and leafy greens were incorporated into their diet
* New ways to add vegetables to their plate
* Lower systolic pressure when their saliva Nitric Oxide status was elevated
* Training and race performance enhanced
* Workouts improved when their Nitric Oxide status was at the level of 'Target'
* An increase in the number of vegetable servings
Functions of the cardio diet tracker and Nitric Oxide food recorder app:
* My Nitric Oxide (No) Status - records colorimetric reading from saliva Nitric Oxide Test strip - depleted, low, threshold, target, and high level - at a specific time of the day,
* My Log - summaries NO status in context of the time, type and amount of NO foods eaten during a meal or snack,
* My Day - graphically illustrates your average NO levels for the day, week, and month in context of when tested and in relationship to consumption of a Nitric Oxide potent plant-based food,
* My Stat - graphically shows the average NO potency of the food based on the type of foods in relationship to when the Nitric Oxide-rich foods were consumed. My LOG and My STAT includes 30 common vegetable packed with nutritious bioactives, which are ranked and weighted based on Nitric Oxide potency. This allows the app to calculate the relative potency in context of the food and the amount consumed.
* Alert, Notification, and Sharing - the user will be alerted 2-4 hours after recording their NO status and when a Target-level is achieved, the user will be prompted to share their dietary success with the Facebook friends interested in maintaining a healthy-heart diet.
Cardio Diet Tracker & Nitric Oxide Food Recorder 1.1 by Berkeley Test for iOS7 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category. Berkeley Test Strip are discounted for school lunch program aimed at promoting vegetables for heart healthy diets.