Chupa, a leading marketplace for buying and selling source code and components for Mobile Development, is giving away ten thousand dollars in prizes in the Chupa 10K Developer Competition.
Powered by Amazon and backed by international sponsors such as Airpush, Photo Cloud, Magic Solver, Nexmo, Appannie, Bugsense and Mashape, the grand prize is valued at $6500, and runner-up prizes valued at $3,000 and $1,000 respectively.
Throughout the contest, Chupa is offering a sales commission of 85 percent for each entry made the most generous in the industry.
"If you are a Mobile Developer, this is your chance to win up to 6500 dollars while taking advantage of Chupa's industry leading sales commission. The Chupa 10K Developer Competition further cements our position as a leading mobile marketplace where code can be turned into cash," says Stefano Argiolas, co founder of Chupa.
Chupa will be accepting submissions from December 27th, 2011- February 13th, 2012. Focused on finding the best Mobile Component, the jury will consider each entry based on quality of code, design and overall appeal.
"We are thrilled to sponsor the Chupa 10K Developer Competition. Not only is this a terrific opportunity for mobile developers to earn great commission and showcase your mobile components to a global audience, but also a way to compete against the best developers in the business," says Inman Breaux, AirPush.
Unique to Chupa, developers are able to adapt and re-use parts or entire code from previous projects, including iPhone and Android apps. Chupa also supports a variety of frameworks, including Appcelerator's Titanium, PhoneGap, JQuery and Sencha Touch.
How to Enter
1) If you don't yet have any account, sign up here to become an author
2) Submit your mobile component using the tag "competition2011".
3) Once your mobile component is approved, you will automatically be entered into the competition.
- The contest will run from December 27th (00:01 a.m. PST) to February 13th (23:59 p.m. PST) 2012.
- By submitting an entry to the contest, you agree to the contest rules.
- Competition is open to all Chupa marketplace developers
- Members of Chupa staff are not eligible to participate.
- Entry must be approved and published on Chupa using "competition2011" as one of the tags.
- Multiple submissions are encouraged; however a developer can't win more than one prize.
For more information, visit www.chupamobile.com