Colligo Networks, the leader in email and document management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, recently announced the availability of Colligo Briefcase Enterprise which provides enterprise-class security features for browsing, viewing, and storing SharePoint content on iPads. With Colligo Briefcase Enterprise, organizations can confidently support the rapidly-growing number of users accessing corporate data from personal devices.
According to a recent study by Citrix on consumer-oriented device use in the workplace, 57% of organizations cited the security implications of allowing remote access as their top concern. 62% of participants lack processes or tools to manage the use of personal devices. Organizations that allow both personal and business device use reported productivity gains of up to 36%.
Colligo Briefcase Enterprise for iPad is designed to meet the needs of both end-users and IT professionals in an enterprise SharePoint environment. Users can easily access SharePoint content through the intuitive iPad interface, while IT departments retain control of vital corporate IP through industry-leading security features, centralized configuration and management, and turnkey deployment services.
“Whether it's users bringing iPads to the workplace, or organizations deploying them company-wide, personal devices are a reality in today's enterprise,” says Barry Jinks, Founder and CEO of Colligo Networks. “However, without a secure, corporate-sanctioned document management solution, vital corporate data can be easily exposed to the security risks inherent in consumer-grade file-sharing services. Colligo Briefcase Enterprise solves this problem by providing organizations with an extremely secure way to access and store SharePoint-based content on the iPad, while still managing this sensitive information in SharePoint.”
Colligo Briefcase Enterprise – Overview and Key Features
Colligo Briefcase Enterprise makes it simple to store, sync, find, view, and share files, lists, documents and emails, including Outlook .msg files, in SharePoint. SharePoint content is automatically synchronized to the iPad, providing instant access to up-to-date content, even when offline. Key features include:
- View SharePoint files directly on the iPad, including Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) documents, PDFs, images, emails and more
- Store SharePoint content offline for fast remote access and easily share files using links to SharePoint documents
- Find content fast with powerful search capabilities, then, view document and file properties, including metadata
- Open and edit files in applications such as Documents to Go or GoodReader
Colligo Briefcase Enterprise – Security Features
“Security on this new wave of personal devices is the next 800-pound gorilla in the room for IT departments,” says Guy Spencer, the Legal, ECM, and Compliance Business Systems Analyst at Altera Corporation. “With Colligo Briefcase, Colligo has introduced an enterprise-class tool for providing secure, native access to corporate SharePoint information on iPads, the uncontested leader in tablets.”
In addition to supporting all SharePoint authentication methods, Colligo Briefcase provides extensive security features to ensure the safety of corporate information on iPads:
- Hardware-based encryption (AES-256 bit) for all stored data
- Separate passcode to access the Colligo Briefcase application. And, SharePoint credentials are stored in Keychain, providing the highest form of trust-chain security
- Ability to restrict the SharePoint sites accessed and content cached (via Colligo Administrator) as well as remote data wipe capabilities (via MDM systems).
“As part of our evaluation process, we tested several iPad apps for SharePoint on their security features, and Colligo Briefcase was the hands-down winner,” says Markus Bosch, Solution Architect, Novartis International. “Colligo Briefcase gives us confidence that company information stored on the iPad is safe and secure.”
Colligo Briefcase Lite Available for Free Download
In addition to Colligo Briefcase Enterprise, a free version, Colligo Briefcase Lite, is available for download from the Apple App Store. The Lite version has all the features of the enterprise version with the following exceptions:
- Ability to add only one SharePoint site
- Limited synch options and 50 megabyte cache size
- Enterprise security options disabled
Colligo Briefcase Enterprise and Colligo Briefcase Lite are available now. Visit the Colligo site at http://www.colligo.com/briefcase to request an evaluation copy of Colligo Briefcase Enterprise. Colligo Briefcase Lite can be downloaded via the Apple App Store.