Indie developer Brent Chionh today launches Matching in the Rain, a colorful and relaxing puzzle game for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Matching in the Rain features familiar swipe-to-match 3 gameplay set to the backdrop of a soothing rainy evening. With explosive powerups and challenging obstacles, Matching in the Rain is an addictive take on the classic matching game.
Aimed at providing a relaxing and stress free gaming experience, Matching in the Rain features no countdown timers. Rather, puzzles are completed by clearing the board in an allotted number of moves, allowing players to play at their own pace. Instead of chaotic game music, the sound of falling rain plays soothingly in the background.
"I wanted the game to be one where you could just throw on your headphones and tune out on the train ride home from a stressful day of work", said developer Brent Chionh. "Rather than get your heart racing, I wanted the game to calm you down."
Matching in the Rain launches with 100 fun puzzles, providing hours of relaxing entertainment with more puzzles on the way.
* Classic swipe to match 3 gameplay.
* No countdown timers or chaotic game music - play to the soothing sounds of falling rain.
* Fun and challenging shaped game boards with obstacles including glass and chains.
* Explosions and powerups to help clear the board.
* Watch and share video replays.
* Game Center leaderboards.
Matching in the Rain has launched for free and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Puzzle Games category.