From the creators of Doodle Fit and Monster Shooter, Gamelion Studios is pleased to announce today that Crazy Kangaroo 1.1 for iOS is available as free download for limited time only on the iTunes App Store! The super cute casual game, where players control Barney the kangaroo by tilting forward and backward, and left and right. Featuring zany graphics and animation, Barney is seen from an overhead view as he hops from lily pad to alligator to stone trying to get home. Evading hunters, collecting stars, scoring power-ups, avoiding drowning by hopping from one waterborne object to another, Crazy Kangaroo includes more than 50 missions.
- 3 fantastic worlds
- Eye-candy graphics with Retina support
- Easy to learn gameplay
- Hilarious power-ups including Sugar Rush and Multi-Score
- Over 50 missions
- Leaderboards and ranks
- GameCenter support
- Universal build for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Poachers have captured Barney the kangaroo in the Australian outback, and they have packed him in a crate. Luckily, the crate falls out of the plane soon after takeoff, and Barney lands safely. The game begins with Barney's trek back home. Players control his speed and hopping distance by tilting their iDevice forward and backward, while control of movement left and right is accomplished by tilting the device appropriately. Players can calibrate device "level" at the start of each game.
Depending on their strategy players may want to hop slowly or quickly, and can even hop backwards. For example, when hopping across a river using alligators as stepping stones, players may choose to slow down to earn the Bonus points available for hopping 5x on an alligator. Native hunters are right behind Barney, so a moderate average rate of speed is necessary.
- 1x, 5x, 10x Holy Interventions: save the kangaroo from trouble and beat everyone's score
- Magnet: pulls in all the stars and goodies
- Life Preserver: gives the kangaroo one-time protection from drowning
- Shield: one-time protection from enemies and land obstacles
- Sugar Rush Dessert: extends rocket flight duration
- Bomb: collects nearby stars
- Multi-Score: multiplies points by 2x
- Multi-Power-Ups: lets Barney use two power-ups simultaneously
Crazy Kangaroo is filled with movement, as each world is filled with creatures, plants, and objects that are animated. Hopping on a lily pad creates concentric circles in the water, and crossing the river opens the eyes of each alligator along the way. The exaggerated perspective from the overhead view is dizzying as Barney hops up, becoming much bigger, and descends, shrinking back to normal. The tilt controls are smooth and responsive, and experienced players can achieve perfect control, even when Barney is in the air.
For limited time only, Crazy Kangaroo 1.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.