Premiere Liaison released a major update to its new crossword construction software, Crossword Maker For Cruciverbalists 2.0, to make it a universal app to support all iOS devices.
Crossword Maker Cruciverbalists is a fully functional compilation tool which provides many welcomed features to help people build their own crosswords, including an offline database to search answers & clues that published before, a customized keyboard to easily create symmetry pattern, sharing saved puzzles between devices, an embedded browser to quickly browse popular crossword construction websites without task switching, and much more.
1. Constructing Crosswords:
* With pre-defined size: 7x7, 11x17, 15x15, 21x21, 15x11, 21x15; or user defined size
* Scalable and scrollable board
* Offline database for searching answers and clues from published crosswords
* Embedded web browser for quick reference to popular crossword websites without task switching (iPad only)
- One tap access to CRUCIVERB.COM, XWordInfo, and Crossword Tracker
* Single keyboard to design grid and fill letters
- Toggleable 180-degree symmetry of black squares (enabled by default)
* Title, author and copyright information
* Basic statistics
- General information, word length distribution, and letter usage
* Export to PDF (blank or filled), iPUZ, and TXT (openable by Across Lite). And email the exported file
* Import from TXT and PUZ, with standard "Open With..." interface, from email attachments, Dropbox, etc.
* Support Air Print
* Support Retina display
2. Managing Created Puzzles:
* Quick overview of all created crosswords
- Large thumbnail for previewing the crosswords
- View basic information: title, author, copyright, created date, and last saved date
* Set half-finished crosswords as templates, which could be used later when building new puzzles
* Support iCloud: Crosswords stored in iCloud are available on all your devices, and would be kept intact even if your device is broken, lost or stolen
Crossword Maker For Cruciverbalists 2.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.