Independent developer, David Likosar today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Direct Remote 1.1, an update to his popular remote control utility developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Direct Remote offers a new way to control DirecTV receivers connected to your home network. The app features quick tuning using up to 32 favorites and allows control of your receiver using intuitive gestures or a more traditional touch control. The 1.1 release includes a new app icon, the addition of channel logos, and an in-app channel guide.
Direct Remote is an ideal app for anyone looking for an alternative to the standard DirecTV Remote control. It has a backlit screen that enables easy control in the dark and it can control any compatible receiver on your network, even if it is in a cabinet, another room or otherwise out of sight. Setup is a breeze since properly configured receivers are automatically detected the 1st time you open the app.
The new version adds:
- A streamlined look including a new app icon and channel logos throughout the app
- A program guide that displays current programs for each of your favorite channels
- The ability to save a favorite from the currently tuned channel
- Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
- Quick tuning of up to 32 favorite channels
- Program guide for favorite channels
- On screen display of the currently tuned channel and associated program information
- Automatically discovers receivers on network
- Enables easy control in dark
- Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
- Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
The app is compatible with recent DirecTV receivers connected to your Wi-Fi network including HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24, HR34 and H21, H23, H24, and H25.
Direct Remote 1.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.