Corporate Smalltalk Consulting, Ltd. has announced the release of Fax Reader 1.8.9 for iOS, a feature update to their document viewer/handler app that allows the user to either view the TIF files generated by standard office fax machines, or convert them to PDF documents for other apps to use.
As faxes are increasingly emailed to save on paper costs, Fax Reader works by supplementing the existing document display logic found in iOS, which will only display the first page of a fax but not allow access to subsequent pages even with iOS 5.1.1. The app includes newly enhanced drawing logic to take advantage of performance improvements in iOS 5.
Fax Reader enables viewing of multi-page faxes by first importing the entire file into its storage area. Once imported, the file undergoes one-time pre-rendering that ensures the fax is optionally re-scaled to be optically correct in size and to provide the fastest possible rendering when viewing as a multi-page document.
- Conversion of Fax/Tiff files, or single page to PDF
- Printing to IOS supported printers
- Accelerated multi-page TIFF/TIF fax file reading
- Uses proprietary LargeViewer technology to import, store, and pre-render documents
- Pre-rendering allows smooth scrolling and display
- Emailing of individual pages, or the document as TIFF, or as a PDF
- Optional rescaling for fixing Fax aspect ratios
- Enhanced cached Dropbox file download compatibility
- Responsive scrolling and zooming through hundreds of Fax pages
- No hidden costs, or in-app purchase requirements needed to see all the pages of your fax
"Fax machines are a legacy technology, straddling the 20th and 21st centuries," stated company President John McIntosh. "Until they become extinct, Fax Reader offers an easy, integrated solution for easily viewing multi-page, and highly-detailed faxes on any iOS device."
Fax Reader 1.8.9 is $6.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available upon request.
via PR Mac