Corporate Smalltalk Consulting, Ltd. has announced the release of Fax Reader 3.0.2 for iOS, adding annotation support to their document viewer/handler app that allows the user to view the TIF files generated by standard office fax machines, and now sign them.
As faxes are increasingly emailed to save on paper costs, Fax Reader works by supplementing the existing document display logic found in iOS, which will only display the first page of a fax but not allow access to subsequent pages even with iOS 7.
Fax Reader enables viewing of multi-page faxes by first importing the entire file into its storage area. Once imported, the file is optionally re-scaled to be optically correct in size and to provide the fastest possible rendering when viewing as a multi-page document, and now allows you to add annotation markup and signatures.
* Signature and annotation support
* Conversion of Fax/Tiff files, or single page to PDF
* Printing to IOS supported printers
* Emailing of individual pages, or the document as TIFF, or as a PDF
* Optional rescaling for fixing Fax aspect ratios
* Enhanced cached Dropbox file download compatibility
* Responsive scrolling and zooming through hundreds of Fax pages
"Fax machines are a legacy technology, straddling the 19th to 21st centuries," stated company President John McIntosh. "Until they become extinct, Fax Reader offers an easy, integrated solution for easily viewing multi-page, and highly-detailed faxes on any iOS device."
Fax Reader 3.0.2 is $6.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.