Saffron Byte announced today the release of Agility Dogs, their new title for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Agility Dogs is a fun and exciting endless-runner for the entire family, where you take your dog through 4 different agility parks. Agility Dogs is entirely made with clay models and utilizes depth, perspective, and physics simulation to add to the fun and realism.
The player can choose one of five available dogs: wire fox terrier, Siberian husky, Chihuahua, beagle, or poodle. Controls are simple and intuitive. The player moves his dog by swiping up, down, left, or right his or her finger on the screen, or tapping the screen to make the dog jump.
The game includes 4 agility parks. Each park provides different game play from the others. Furthermore, obstacles on each park are selected and placed at random, which means the game is never the same.
Players will be able dress up their dog by putting hats on them. Some hats are just for looking good; others will enhance the dog's abilities or make changes in the environment.
Agility Dogs also includes "Puppy Mode". "Puppy Mode" is a game mode designed for small kids. Unlike regular game play, "Puppy Mode" does not have a time limit. This way, small kids can play for a long time without having to press a "Start" or "Play again" button.
Unlike most video games where the graphics are cartoonish and created on a computer, Agility Dogs features hand made clay models. Each object in the game was photographed at high resolution providing Agility Dogs a very detailed and unique look. Agility Dogs takes advantage of the three dimensional nature of its graphics to create a sense of depth and perspective. The use of physics simulation further enhances the gaming experience.
To further challenge the player, Agility Dogs includes local achievements and high scores, as well as leader boards and achievements in Game Center.
- 4 different agility parks.
- 5 dogs: wire fox terrier, Siberian husky, Chihuahua, beagle, and poodle.
- Physics simulation, depth, and perspective for added realism.
- Obstacles are selected and placed at random.
- "Puppy Mode" is designed for the youngest gamers in the family.
- Available time upgrades.
- Dress up your dog with hats. Some hats will enhance the dog's abilities or make changes in the environment.
- Local and Game Center achievements.
- High Scores.
- 5 Game Center leader boards.
- Intuitive controls.
- High resolution Retina display graphics
- Unique graphics comprised of hand-made clay models photographed at high resolution.
- iPhone 3GS or higher, iPad, or 3G iPod touch or later
- iOS 4.3 or later
- Universal App
Agility Dogs is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.