Funzio, developer of action-packed AAA quality games for Facebook, Google+ and mobile, today announced that its first mobile game Crime City hit #1 on Apple's Free Apps Chart within four days of launching on iOS. The game is currently one of the Top 10 Grossing Apps.
"The reception for Crime City has been phenomenal," said Ken Chiu, CEO of Funzio. "Within only five days of launch, the iOS version has had more than one million downloads. Looking ahead, we're focused on growing our network of high quality games across Facebook, Google+ and mobile."
Noteworthy milestones over the last 12 months include:
- September 2010: Crime City first launched on Facebook, and it quickly became one of the top five Facebook games of the year. Crime City on Facebook has since had: more than 1 million daily active users, more than 7.5 million monthly players and the highest rating of any game that has more than 600,000 daily active users on Facebook (4.9/5.0)
- May 2011: Funzio secured $20 million in Series A growth financing led by IDG Ventures in the US and IDG Capital Partners in China (press release)
- June 2011: Funzio hired its 50th employee and expects to close the year with more than 100
- August 2011: Crime City became one of the first games available on Google+ (press release)
- August 2011: Crime City launched on iOS, reached #1 on Apple's Free Apps Chart, broke into the Top 10 Grossing Apps Chart and was downloaded more than 1 million times in 5 days
Crime City lets users become the toughest mob boss and rule the city. Users can build up their hoods, invite others to be in their mafia, collect hundreds of items to equip them and fight others to see who the strongest is. View the gameplay trailer below