gDecide is the ideal tool for you as the decision maker to privately communicate with 1 to 20 people with whom you have a close relationship with (personal or work related) before making a decision on a casual, work or life related matter. By managing your decisions in gDecide you get your own private decision box connecting you with your confidants, helping you remember your great and not-so-good decisions, when and who best to ask before you decide and which factors influenced your greatest or worst decisions. You can create an account on gDecide using your email or Facebook account and invite your contacts and friends to join you as your confidants.
a) Texting is a great one-to-one or one-to-many communication tool for sharing simple short-lived messages
b) Email works well for medium-life messages, one-to-one or one-to-many communication as long as the number of replies and forwards does not exceed four or five (even that may be too many); beyond a few such iterations emails actually hurt productivity. Email is not an effective survey tool
c) Twitter is excellent for sharing short status updates, events and news with your network or the public in general
d) Facebook is great for sharing updates, photos and informal polls with family, friends and acquaintances
e) Survey and polling software are generally used for infrequent one-way communication with a number of participants. Polling apps are not decision making tools and the pollster does not have an easy way of sharing the decision outcome with respondents
f) More sophisticated business decision support tools automate complex and elaborate decision-making processes and workflows
g) The gDecide alternative:
* gDecide is designed to optimize a more intimate yet controlled interaction around a single topic between a decision maker and his (her) confidants
* You can only ask a single question per decision
* A decision can only pose a multiple choice, yes/no or text question
* You can send the decision to the people you are connected (your confidants) to and the private circles of confidants you create in gDecide
* The participants cannot see each other's feedback
* The decision maker can review the feedback and choose, decide not to decide, and share the outcome with participants
gDecide Social Decision Making 1.0.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.