Indie game developer Black Sushi Studios has released their first iPhone/iPad game, Hangul Match 1.0. Hangul Match is an educational puzzle game for learning the Korean Hangul alphabet.
Korean entertainment has become very popular around the world. Thanks to things such as Korean TV dramas and KPop more and more people are getting interested in learning the beautiful Korean language. Traditionally studying the Korean Hangul alphabet has been quite an ordeal requiring people to play with flash cards. These cards also offer little help on proper pronunciation. We solve all these problems with Hangul Match, a game that makes the learning process very unique, fun and rewarding. No other app has yet offered all this is one package.
In Hangul Match you pair a Hangul character with its Romanized translation. You hear the proper native speaker's pronunciation with each character. This helps you to learn what kind of sound each character represents. Player is taken through all consonants and vowels in level-based game modes, teaching new character every few levels.
Five challenging game modes:
* The Easy Consonants: Play through 58 levels and unlock all 19 consonants
* The Mighty Vowels: Play through 63 levels and unlock all 21 vowels
* Classic: Unlocked characters are used to test your skills, make no mistakes
* Survival: Battle against 30 seconds timer with your unlocked characters
* Blitz: One minute time limit with all 40 Hangul characters. How good are you?
* Game Center leaderboards and achievements for all game modes
* Total of 32 challenging achievements
* iCloud save game support
* About Hangul browser for additional help on pronunciation
* Clear pronunciations by native Korean female
* Optimized for iPhone 5 and iPad retina graphics
* Supports both landscape and portrait orientations
Hangul Match 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.