GG Software, Inc. today announced the release of iBank for iPad 2.1, a significant update to its powerful personal finance app for iOS 7. Free for users of earlier versions, the update delivers an all-new search function, auto-complete for data entry, and improvements to account handling, category management and investments, as well as over 20 fixes. Available from the App Store immediately, iBank for iPad 2.1 will be half-price - $10 off - through April 10 only.
"This is iBank for iPad's most significant release since version 1.0," says IGG's president, Ian Gillespie. "With fast search and faster data entry, it's better than ever for seeing your complete financial picture: to know where your accounts stands, to plan ahead for expenses, to budget for more savings and to invest for a more comfortable future."
iBank for iPad 2.1 now allows users to:
* Search all transactions globally or by account
* Adds type-ahead functionality to auto-fill transactions with payees, as well as categories and amounts
* Introduces new sections to manage Categories, Securities and Payees
iBank for iPad also distinguishes itself from other finance apps in several significant ways:
* iBank's clean interface presents accounts in one or more custom books, organized as needed. With a tap or a swipe, users can access accounts; get details on transactions, budgets or investments; edit or search transactions, delete info and more.
* Investment management has never been more elegant. It's easier than ever to review trades, positions, history, performance, realized and unrealized gains, market value and more. Portfolios update as changes are available, and users can drill down for security details with a tap.
*IGG's own subscription service, Direct Access, delivers instant account updates from thousands of financial institutions worldwide, via Wi-Fi or data connection, with no prompting by the user - any time and anywhere.
* Simple yet sophisticated budgeting is a key component of iBank. Schedule regular income and bills, set targets for other earnings or expenses, track spending by assigning categories to transactions. Users can check budgets with a tap, compare current performance to previous months, review old budgets, sync budgets to iBank 5 for Mac and more.
* IGG's commitment to privacy and security is paramount: iBank for iPad is ad-free. There are no third-party services offered to users. Customer data and financial records are never stored, accessed, aggregated or analyzed in any way that benefits IGG or any other marketers. And IGG never sells, trades, rents or shares customer information.
As always, users have full manual editing and entry capabilities, including the ability to split, schedule and categorize transactions; the ability to move different financial "books" between devices; multi-currency support; and many more powerful finance management tools. The app can be used by itself or in conjunction with iBank for Mac, and takes full advantage of the iPad's latest dual-core and graphics processors, its high-resolution Retina Display, and landscape and portrait modes.
For automatic updating of transactions, new users of iBank for iPad can try Direct Access for free during a 30-day trial. Maintaining the service can cost as little as 11 cents a day: just $4.99 per month, or $39.99 for an annual subscription; all options are available via In-App Purchase. Users of iBank for Mac can sync all transaction data directly from the desktop app to iBank for iPad 2.1 over Wi-Fi or a WebDAV server, with or without a Direct Access account.
A top-selling, top-grossing iOS finance app since its debut in 2012, iBank for iPad has been called "a stellar full-featured financial app" by macworld.com. Regular price at the App Store is $19.99, and the app requires iOS 7 or higher and iPad 2 or later.