IGG Software, Inc. today announced the release of a new full version of iBank for iPad, the most advanced personal finance solution for iOS. Redesigned for iOS 7, iBank for iPad 2.0 will be a free upgrade to users of earlier versions, and is available from the App Store immediately.
"With this version of iBank for iPad," says IGG's president, Ian Gillespie, "we re-imagined the app for iOS 7 while making it more capable than ever for tracking accounts, budgets and investments on the go. There's nothing that comes close for mobile money management, on any platform."
iBank for iPad 2.0 has been fully redesigned to take advantage of the updated user interface in iOS 7, distinguishing itself from other finance apps in several significant ways:
- iBank's clean iOS 7 interface presents a clear personal finance summary. Accounts are kept in one or more custom books, organized as needed. With a tap or a swipe, users can access accounts; get details on accounts, budgets, transactions or investments; change pages, switch books, edit transactions, delete info and more - naturally and intuitively.
- Investment management has never been more elegant. Because the books in iBank for iPad resemble a set of financial reports, it's easier than ever to review trades, positions, history, performance, realized and unrealized gains, market value and more. Portfolios update as changes are available, and users can drill down for security details with a tap.
- IGG's own subscription service, Direct Access, delivers instant account updates from thousands of financial institutions worldwide. New transactions can be downloaded via Wi-Fi or data connection in the background, with no prompting by the user - ensuring that one's complete financial picture is current and available on the iPad, any time and anywhere.
- Simple yet sophisticated budgeting is a key component of iBank. Schedule regular income and bills, set targets for other earnings or expenses, track spending by assigning categories to transactions. Users can check budgets with a tap, compare current performance to previous months, review old budgets and more.
- IGG's commitment to privacy and security is paramount: iBank for iPad is ad-free. There are no third-party services offered to users. Customer data and financial records are never stored, accessed, aggregated or analyzed in any way that benefits IGG or any other marketers. And IGG never sells, trades, rents or shares customer information.
As before, users have full manual editing and entry capabilities, including the ability to split, schedule and categorize transactions; the ability to move different financial "books" between devices; multi-currency support; and many more powerful finance management tools. The app can be used standalone or with iBank for Mac, and takes full advantage of the iPad's latest dual-core and graphics processors, its high-resolution Retina Display, and landscape and portrait modes.
For automatic updating of transactions, new users of iBank for iPad can try Direct Access for free during a 30-day trial. Maintaining the service can cost as little as 11 cents a day: just $4.99 per month, or $39.99 for an annual subscription; all options are available via In-App Purchase. Users of iBank for Mac can sync all transaction data directly from the desktop app to iBank for iPad 2 over Wi-Fi or a WebDAV server, with or without a Direct Access account.
A top-selling, top-grossing iOS finance app since its debut in 2012, iBank for iPad has been called "a stellar full-featured financial app" by macworld.com. Version 2.0 will be $19.99 at the App Store exclusively, and will require iOS 7 or higher and iPad 2 or later.