Pers today is pleased to announce that its chart topping app, Ice Math Ninja, has been selected as one of the 10 Best Technology Toys of 2013 by the prestigious Dr. Toy Awards. For nearly 3 decades, Dr. Toy has been the leading source for information on children's products. Dr. Toy gives consumers an objective review of products, guaranteeing that they receive a unique, positive experience with their purchase.
To celebrate this announcement, Ice Math Ninja will be Free from November 5th until November 7th.
Ice Math Ninja is also a winner of the Family Choice Award for 2013 in the Technology and Apps Category. The Family Choice Awards recognizes excellence in products, services, resources and leisure activities for children and families. They are evaluated and tested through a rigorous judging process by parents, educators, children and qualified professionals.
Ice Math Ninja, which reached the #1 spot on the iOS Educational Apps charts in 16 countries, is an innovative action game that helps children practice math while keeping them entertained by wonderful animation, fun music, and tender characters that kids will bond with. The very cool game is hosted by the adorable (and well behaved) Pookie and Tushka, the penguin and polar bear pair that won a Best New Children's Book of the Year award for their print book "Pookie and Tushka find a little piano."
* Includes 5 challenging games
* Earn in-game achievements to unleash cool power-ups
* Power-ups create micro-games within the game
* Lightning mode for faster gameplay and meganumber challenge
* 3 difficulty modes - with Easy mode for young kids
* Includes animated intro to magical world of the Icelands
* Pookie the penguin provides nurturing advice
* Tushka the polar bear adds a dose of humor
* Compare scores on Game Center and compete via Leaderboards and Achievements
* Share scores via Facebook and Twitter
* Parental controls to turn off social features an external links.
* Unlock more Mini-Games via in-app purchases
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
An animated prologue sets the stage for the gameplay that follows. Pookie and Tushka have traveled to an unknown area of the magical Icelands, where Chuli, the wise wolf, is waiting. Chuli explains to them that a magical phenomenon is occurring: ice blocks, in the shape of numbers, are being released from a dormant volcano. To preserve the energies of the Icelands, the mystical numbers must be collected. Chuli then hands Tushka a pair of magical Swords of Fire and explains to him that, because of his great strength, Tushka has been chosen to wield the Swords and collect this magical, mathematical energy.
The five different games allow players to help Tushka with his task. Players swipe their fingers to control Tushka's magical Swords of Fire and slice through glimmering, frozen numbers, collecting and preserving the magical energy of the Icelands. Each of the five different games can be played in Easy, Medium, or Hard mode, and players can also choose Lightning mode, where they have only 90 seconds to score. In each game, random, single-digit numbers made of ice are tossed aloft from the bottom of the screen. Players are challenged to swipe through the right numbers, while avoiding the wrong numbers, including zero. Numbers tumble in the air and fall, with unsliced numbers causing the screen to gradually freeze over, signaling the end of the round. Each sliced number is cut into two or three numbers, which added together equal the original number.
* Fun Value: use your Swords of Fire to slice the magical frozen numbers, but avoid touching the exploding zeros
* Educational Value: helps in recognizing numbers, the concept ascending order, and understanding that larger numbers are the sum of smaller numbers
* Fun Value: find the Zen of even and odd numbers to be able to extract their mathematical energies
* Educational Value: helps in recognizing even and odd numbers
* Fun Value: ignite the mystical fire of your Swords to slice every number in sight, but do not go over 21 or you will end up frozen
* Educational Value: helps in improving subtraction and memory skills
* Fun Value: think fast and become a master of addition by slicing sums of numbers before they hit the ground
* Educational Value: helps in developing short-term memory and addition skills
* Fun Value: Split frozen numbers into their primordial components by using your Swords of Fire to slice them into primes
* Educational Value: Teaches all the Prime Numbers up to 100
"Ice Math Ninja, the amazing game of numbers! Fans of ninja slicing games: get ready for a game that'll challenge not only your dexterity but also your brainpower!" stated Ivonne Roalcaba of Pers. "Best of all, you can get it FREE! Transform your kid into a MATH-NINJA!"
Ice Math Ninja 2.2 is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. The Premium, ad-free version, is available for $1.99 (USD). The Premium version will be free for three days only,from Nov. 5th until Nov. 7th. Also available are versions for Android, Nook, and Kindle.
Watch the Video