Human-read audiobooks are an ideal way for blind and visually impaired people to consume books and literature, but audiobooks are generally more expensive than print e-books. Inkstone Mobile seeks to change that with their latest release of Audiobooks HQ.
Audiobooks HQ is the top-selling audiobook app in the app store, offering over 7,850 free audiobooks, with new audiobooks added daily. Audiobooks HQ provides classic audiobooks from LibriVox, independently published audiobooks from Podiobooks, and performance audiobooks from Globe Radio Repertory.
Now with Audiobooks HQ, all of these books are available to the blind and visually impaired with the addition of VoiceOver support. VoiceOver support allows blind and visually impaired users to easily navigate the app's menus, controls, and book catalogs.
VoiceOver support brings all the power of Audiobooks HQ to blind users, including:
* The ability to speed up and slow down the audio playback from 2.5X to half speed
* Easy search functions. Find books by most downloaded, top rated, genres, tags, solo-read books, language, recent, related books, and Inkstone's top recommendations.
* Leave a note for yourself to come back to your favorite parts of the book with the bookmarks feature.
* Access downloaded audiobooks anytime, anywhere - no network connection needed.
* The option to download high-quality versions of each audiobook.
"We have had many requests to add VoiceOver support to our apps and we are pleased to finally be able to do so," says Inkstone Mobile's founder Patrick Thompson.
Audiobooks HQ by Inkstone Mobile is available now for $1.99 in the iTunes App Store.
Inkstone Mobile is also announcing that VoiceOver support is being made available in its other audiobook apps, including Audiobooks Free, Livres Audio (French audiobooks), and Audio Bibles, as well as in it's eBook discovery apps eBook Search and eBook Search Pro.
Audiobooks HQ 3.1 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.