East Coast Pixels, Inc. today launches PhotoMotion, a powerful iPhone app that turns photos into an immersive video with motion, titles and music. PhotoMotion videos focus attention, set a mood and tell a story using a photo animation technique made popular by documentary creator Ken Burns.
"Sharing a PhotoMotion video puts your friends and family into a moment and has them experience it through your eyes." says co-founder Steve Troppoli. "It's like you're right there with them, telling the story."
Users start by picking photos from their photo library. Photo transitions are then automatically generated incorporating information like face detection. The video can be instantly previewed inside PhotoMotion. All aspects of the automatically generated pan and zoom transitions can be adjusted, shuffled and previewed. Photos can have overlaid titles and a sound track. All of this control comes together in a seamless tool that allows users to present their guided vision of their photos with as much control as they want.
"It's challenging to find 15 seconds of compelling video to share, but everyone has lots of great photos," said co-founder Ralf Berger. "By presenting the photos sequentially, in a focused way, they become more dynamic. Adding titles and music creates a complete experience."
PhotoMotion's unique features:
* Manually define photo animation start and end positions
* Automatically generate random positions incorporating face detection
* Add, delete, copy and re-order photos in the project
* Add a title to each photo and define position and text style
* Select a soundtrack from your music library
* Set square, standard or widescreen format
* Save videos to your photo album, eMail, SMS, Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.
* Projects are saved for future re-editing
For a limited time, PhotoMotion 1.0.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category.