iStoryTime, in partnership with HarperCollins Children's Books, is excited to release the Biscuit's Birthday storybook app, the fifth addition in the Biscuit series. Available for Apple and Android devices, Biscuit's Birthday is perfect for encouraging early readers to read as it features interactive animations and sound effects on every page.
A longtime family favorite with over 16 million copies in print, parents will love inviting their children to Biscuit's birthday party to celebrate with the little yellow puppy and his friends. Parents and their children can enjoy learning to read with Biscuit together or young readers can explore on their own through independent play.
After school or before bedtime, children will enjoy the story as well as activities such as a digital coloring book, memory game (iOS only) and puzzle that are perfect for little fingers. The completed coloring masterpieces can be shared with family and friends too.
Developed in-house by iStoryTime, every page of Biscuit's Birthday features narration, animations and sounds, and beautiful illustrations by Pat Schories, which all come together to bring author Alyssa Satin Capucilli's wonderful and popular book to life.
Key benefits of the app for early readers include:
- Improve reading comprehension by selecting between two narration options: "Read to Me" or "Read to Myself"
- Reinforce cause-and-effect with silly animations and humorous sounds throughout
- Develop early reading skills with text that highlights as the narrator reads
- Enjoy a fun memory game, which encourages young readers to match pairs of characters
- Promote creative thinking with the fantastic coloring book - the color-in-the-lines mode is perfect for little fingers, and the art can be shared with friends
- Bonus: There are hidden balls on every page. See how excited Biscuit gets when they are collected.
Pricing and Availability:
The Biscuit's Birthday app is available for $2.99 from the App Store on the iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and on the Amazon App Store and NOOK App Store.
via PR Mac