Apple iOS device owners can now access, listen to, and reply to their emails solely by voice using the free app Emails Aloud created by VoiZapp, Inc. Emails Aloud reads your unread and/or incoming emails aloud so that you can stay connected with your friends and business contacts anytime, anywhere. Using state-of-the-art speech technology, you can safely listen hands-free to your emails and dictate replies when you're driving, walking, working out, or just plain relaxing. Finally, you can keep up with your emails without squinting at a tiny keyboard and screen.
In addition to reading aloud your emails, Emails Aloud includes Nuance-based speech recognition (the same as in Apple's Siri) so you can dictate replies and compose new emails. It reads aloud as many paragraphs as you choose of your unread emails, then automatically transcribes your spoken responses, thereby enabling a complete, end-to-end, email-by-voice experience. Just tap the microphone button on its main screen, say anything you like, and it will convert what you said to text and auto-send it. Speak again to edit or compose longer replies. Dictate punctuation as you like: to write "I think, therefore I am!" just say, "I think comma therefore I am exclamation point." In the Settings screen, choose between an American or UK English accent, and turn on/off Auto-Send.
Emails Aloud (Pro Version):
- Reads aloud your unread and/or incoming emails in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman's voice
- Dictate replies and compose new emails with Nuance-powered automatic speech recognition (just like Siri), complete with punctuation, and send them automatically with just one tap
- After first reading through all of your unread emails, automatically shifts to checking and reading aloud only new incoming emails for as long as you leave the app running, even with the screen auto-locked to save battery
- Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the native Music app
- Can continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the native Music app
- Understands and reads common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
- Strips XTML tags from emails
- Handles most IMAP and POP3 email accounts (but not MS-Exchange)
- Can manage multiple email accounts at once
- Read emails as far back in time as you wish
- Does not alter your Inbox in any way
Benefits of Emails Aloud:
- Listen and respond to your emails while driving, walking, working, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
- Never miss your emails, even while you're rushing around
- Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your emails
- Hands-free operation keeps you from getting pulled over for "texting while driving"
- And most importantly, it could prevent an accident and save your and/or anothers' life
"Mobile has fundamentally changed the way we access and use the Internet", said Dr. Robert B. Wesson, Voizapp's CEO. "You can now safely listen and talk back to your friends and colleagues while driving, walking, exercising, or working - anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied. In short, Emails Aloud gives you a complete email experience by voice."
Emails Aloud is a free app now available in Apple's App Store. It is initially limited to reading aloud only the latest five unread emails from a single email account and includes mobile ads, but otherwise it is fully functional. After an in-app upgrade purchase of Pro features for $4.99, it becomes a completely ad-free audio/visual mobile email experience that reads all of your emails aloud as they arrive from multiple accounts and allows you to dictate unlimited replies.
Emails Aloud 1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.