Mobile Igromatic's new educational app for preschoolers, Playground - Lessons with Max 1.0, offers an innovative solution for parents wanting to protect their young children from online access while using apps. Playroom: Lessons with Max, available for the iPad, only allows access to the settings menu when the user solves a simple addition problem, which changes every time the parent area is visited.
Siva Kumar, founder of AppyMall, an educational app marketplace, says that he applauds Mobile Igromatic for taking privacy matters seriously. "More children's app developers need to take the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act more seriously," Kumar said. "MobileIgromatic makes it a point in their apps not to collect data about a child user. They are setting a good example for the industry."
Playroom: Lessons with Max stars an adorable kitty named Max in five games for toddlers and preschoolers to strengthen early-learning skills in a simple but challenging environment. The games are:
* Peekaboo (Find the missing toy): Users are challenged to find toys hidden in the playroom, with Max's help. Visual prompts are provided after 15 seconds of inactivity or several incorrect attempts.
* Colors & Numbers (Put the correct color toy in the wagon while counting.): Children are presented with 14 toys of assorted colors and asked to choose a specific color that matches the wagon. Each toy correctly chosen is counted with text and narration.
* Puzzles (Put the toy together.): Playroom toys become simple puzzles for a child to put back together.
* Memory (Make a match by remembering how the cards are placed.): This classic memory game gets more pizazz with Max meowing and encouraging correct choices.
* Match (Put the toys on the shelf like the example.) This challenging game encourages children to put the toys back on the shelf in the correct order after the purple mouse knocks them down! Visual prompts appear after no activity or several incorrect choices.
All games can also be played together in the "Game Mix" section, and users can create custom voiceovers to accompany game play or use the included narration.
Playground - Lessons with Max 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Mobile Igromatic also is the maker of Magic Sorter: Sea Tales and Merry Cubes: Dancing Fruits, both available in the iTunes App Store.