Therapy Box today is thrilled to announce the latest version of Predictable 3.0, with new features based on user feedback and the inclusion of being able to use pre-recorded voice to say phrases. The new features of Predictable enhance the sophisticated app used around the world by people with ALS, MND and cerebral palsy. The app gives people a voice, and allows people with limited physical ability the option to use the app without touching the screen.
New features that ensure efficiencies for people with physical disabilities result in the need for faster message output and less physical effort. The optimisation of the quick keys buttons means that users can avoid working through menus when they really only need one of the options. This level of customisation and flexibility is what sets Predictable apart from other text-to-speech apps on the market.
Existing users will welcome the ability to record voice for phrases or import sound files to the phrase bank - where some may choose to record the phrases while they still have voice while anticipating that they may loose their voice as the disease progresses.
The addition of copy and paste may sound a simple feature, but enables users to compile their content within Predictable while benefiting from the self-learning contextual word prediction and then utilising the text within school work or to compose more complex documents.
"Predictable 3 will set the bar for AAC apps even higher", Therapy Box director Swapnil Gadgil says, "we have listened to our customers and integrated their suggestions and ideas throughout the app."
Predictable 3 also offers the popular features of earlier versions including switch accessibility; handwriting input; social media integration and the much-lauded self-learning word prediction engine. The updates seen in Predictable 3 in English will subsequently be rolled out to the other languages including Danish, German and Swedish.
New Feature List
* Mouse cursor for easier onscreen editing
* Copy & Paste Function to enable flexible document creation
* The ability to record your own or others voices to truly personalise phrases within the app
* Option to hide the settings button to restrict accidental changes
* Multi-tasking enabled so users can quickly switch between their favourite apps and return to have the message they were compiling right where they left off
* Clear after speak - an option available for people who want to avoid having to tap delete and get on to typing their next message
* Key Hold Time Delay for enhanced control of typing for people with dexterity issues
* Speak when highlighted providing effective auditory scanning and auditory support
* Double Tap to Select used in conjunction with speak when highlighted, to provide a comprehensive auditory scanning feature
* Adjustable font size to cater to a range of needs
* Default allocation of quick keys to speed up access to favourite functions
* Favourites folder - for one tap access to the users' preferred phrases
* Messaging on iPad - integration with the iMessaging function on iPads and iPod touches to allow users to be connected
* Improvements and enhancements to popular features including facebook, email and twitter
Predictable 3.0 is $159.99 USD (109.99 GBP) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.