There are over 56 million dog owners in the US and the vast majority of these are forced to leave their beloved pets alone at home while they go off to work. Apart from the heart-wrenching feeling of leaving your poor dog behind, there is no way to know exactly what your dog is doing while you're away. Is he causing mischief, tearing up your curtains, ripping apart your new shoes, barking all day for no reason and upsetting your neighbors, or perhaps he is outside and digging-up your lawn?
Whatever it is, dedicated pet cameras or pet-sitters can be pricey and that's why TappyTaps presents a better and more affordable solution with the launch of the new Dog Monitor: an iOS app that enables all dog owners to stay in constant touch with their dog whenever they are away from home.
Dog Monitor enables every dog owner to:
* Monitor your dog when it is lonely and hear when it is barking
* View live pictures, which makes it easy to discover what your pet's doing or been up to
* Communicate with your dog to prevent him from chewing your favorite slippers, or, to stop her from barking and destroying your neighbors' sanity
Other Important features:
* Unlimited Reach - backed up by support of both your Wi-Fi and cellular connection makes staying in touch with your pet at home easy and convenient no matter where you are
* Vibration Alarm - alerts you discreetly so you can learn when your dog starts barking
* Night Light - makes it possible to see your favorite pet even in a dark room
* Network Efficiency - one hour of typical use requires only 2Mb of data, which means using the Dog Monitor won't drain your tight data plan
"The idea for Dog Monitor comes from dog owners themselves", explains Jindrich Sarson the developer of the app; he continues, "We already have the successful baby monitoring app and have received tons of emails from people who wanted something similar for their pets". That's why the TappyTaps team decided to rethink the app to accommodate the needs of those pet owners who have to leave their pets at home. "We always listen to feedback from our customers and are constantly looking to hear about the features that dog owners want. That way we can update and improve the app and provide you with what you need."
* US English, French, German, Czech, Spanish and Dutch
Dog Monitor 1.02 is offered for $3.99 USD and is available worldwide exclusively through the Lifestyle category in the iTunes App Store. Even though two devices are required to use this application, the customer only needs to buy the app once: you can install The Dog Monitor on all your devices, or you have the option of turning on the iTunes Home Sharing facility to run the application on up to 5 devices. Review copies of the app are available on request.