PhatWare Corporation is thrilled to announce today the immediate availability of a Retina-optimized version of its PhatPad note-taking and collaboration app for iPad. The new version of PhatPad not only leverages the beautiful high-resolution screen of the new iPad, but also offers even better handwriting recognition quality and support for four new languages, including Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish.
More than just a note-taking app, PhatPad turns an iPad into an advanced brainstorming tool by enabling users to draw, write, and type on the iPad, then instantly share ideas via email, WiFi sync, Dropbox, Evernote, Google Docs, or in PhatPad's presentation mode.
PhatPad supports handwriting recognition in 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish. Additionally, application's user interface has been localized to 3 languages: English, French, and German.
PhatPad's key features include:
- Smooth-flowing digital ink technology, which lets iPad users scribble notes as if they are writing on real paper
- The ability to combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content
- A powerful multilingual handwriting recognition engine, which automatically converts handwritten notes into text;
- Voice notes - record, play, and use in presentation mode
- An advanced Presentation mode, which supports a VGA monitor and allows recording and playing presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice
- PhatPad Document sharing using Dropbox synchronization, Google Docs and Evernote upload, direct access via WiFi or iTunes, and email
- Printing to a printer on wireless network via AirPrint
The beauty of PhatPad as a note-taking, collaboration and brainstorming tool, is that it allows users to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of pictures, drawings, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine allows PhatPad users to convert previously recorded handwritten notes into digital text, and edit text using either the handwriting input panel or the keyboard.
Brainstorming and collaborating with team members is simple using PhatPad's Presentation mode, which allows users to create quick presentations and display them on the iPad screen and external monitor.
PhatPad 2.1 is available in the iTunes App Store at a reduced price of only $4.99 (USD). The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user's choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for PhatPad for $4.99. For more information about PhatPad, visit PhatWare's web site.
via PR Mac