Pixite LLC, the team behind four Apple featured apps, released an exciting new photo app called Matter 1.0 today. Matter, the newest addition to the Pixite Creative Suite for mobile photo editing, allows users to add stunning 3D effects to photos with real-time shadows and reflections, as well as export their creations as photos or video loops.
Included in Matter are four packs of models ranging from simple geometric shapes to complex, architectural structures. Users can enhance each object by choosing a color and style ranging from reflective, refractive, opaque, or translucent, while advanced users can import their own textures from the device's Camera Roll.
One of the main features that differentiates Matter is its ability to add shadows to objects in real-time, making photo edits more realistic. Users can fine-tune the shadow's position, opacity, and strength, as well as use the built-in masking tools to erase portions of the model or shadow to seamlessly blend it into the photo's environment.
The unique video export feature allows users to create short animated loops of the object spinning, pulsing, and hovering in the photo. A different effect can be achieved every time by adjusting the rotation speed and direction of the object.
A major hurdle mobile artists face when creating artwork is finding appropriate images to use in edits. Pixite's solution is the new "Free For All" photo browser, which rolls out with Matter. Free For Alls are photos, contributed by artists in the Instagram community, that users can freely edit and share as long as they credit the contributing artist. The "Free For All" photo browser is available by tapping the "Community Photos" button at the bottom of the Matter photo picker.
Pixite will be featuring the top Matter photo edits on Instagram that use the #matterapp hashtag.
The main features in Matter are:
* Four free packs (Primitives, Structures, Poly On Fire, and Organic) of unique 3D objects
* Total of 64 objects that can be positioned, rotated, and scaled to match the background image
* 11 object styles ranging from reflection, refraction, opaque, and translucent
* 63 object color swatches and a custom color picker
* Real-time shadows with adjustable floor, blur, and opacity
* Easy-to-use masking tools for blending objects into the photo's environment
* Save and share as videos with objects animating in the photo
* Save and share high quality still images by email, SMS, Instagram, and other social networks
* Continue photo edits by sending the work to other integrated apps in the Pixite Creative Suite
* Free For All photo browser featuring images, contributed by artists, that can be freely used for photo edits
Matter 1.0.1 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo and Video category.