Thinxtream(TM) Technologies, a global company with software products for printing applications, today announced a free upgrade to the PrintJinni(TM) mobile printing app for the Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch1 and Android2 smartphones and tablets.
The new PrintJinni 5.0 now supports wireless printing of photos from users' Facebook, Flickr(TM), Google , Picasa accounts directly from their mobile devices. In addition, PrintJinni now discovers and wirelessly prints to any Wi-Fi connected, ESC-P/R based Epson printer/All-in-One and PCL3 based HP printer/All-in-One, besides printers/MFPs from other manufacturers. With these new features, and with the support for Microsoft Office documents, Web pages, photos and PDF files, PrintJinni now offers the ability to wirelessly print a wide range of file formats from a variety of apps to a wide range of printers/All-in-Ones/MFPs.
"The new apps bring us closer to our goal of making printing from the smartphone or tablet more convenient and ubiquitous," said Ranga Raj, Director, Thinxtream Technologies. "A single PrintJinni app offers Apple and Android mobile users a comprehensive printing and viewing experience."
- New - "Social Networks" feature that enables users to log into their Facebook (in the Apple iOS version), Flickr(TM), Google (in the Android version) and Picasa(TM) accounts and print photos
- New - Connect to any Epson printer/All-in-One supporting ESC-P/R or any HP printer/All-in-One supporting PCL3that is SNMP-enabled with Wi-Fi support/access
- Obtain true-to-life previews and prints of documents and supported email attachments without the need for additional software or printer drivers
- Print Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents from Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 and 2010, PNG (in the Apple iOS version), JPEG, PDF files
- Use "Paste Board" feature to print other files, email content from any email configured in the device and secure web content; limited to text support in Android version
- Print web pages from any browser, using "Web Page Printing" feature in the Apple iOS version and "Print with PrintJinni" in the Android version
- Print supported files from any app that enables file sharing, with "Open in PrintJinni" in the Apple iOS version, and "Print with PrintJinni" in the Android version
- Connect to any PostScript 3/PCL 5/PCL 6 compatible printer, that is SNMP-enabled with Wi-Fi support/access; in addition, connect to any printer installed/shared through a Wi-Fi connected Microsoft Windows PC/Apple Mac computer from the Apple iOS version
- Select from a wide range of options including paper size, page range, number of copies, duplex and color or black & white (for faster printing and color ink conservation)
- User interface in English, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, Korean
Specifications are subject to change without notice. Thinxtream and PrintJinni are trademarks of Thinxtream Technologies Pte. Ltd.; Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.; App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.; Android, Google Cloud Print, Picasa are trademarks of Google Inc.; iOS is a trademark of Cisco; Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.; PostScript is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Inc.; Epson, ESC-P/R are registered trademarks of Seiko Epson Corporation; HP, PCL, PCL3, PCL 5, PCL 6 are registered trademarks of Hewlett-Packard Company; Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
PrintJinni 5.0.1 is free for a 30-day trial subscription and available through the App Store in the Utilities category. Upon expiration of the free trial, users will have access to subscription packs for PrintJinni Services ranging from $0.99 USD to $3.99 USD. It is also available on Google Play and will soon be available in the Amazon App Store.