groosoft today is pleased to announce Scrapnote 1.1 for iPad, an update to their highly praised productivity app, which allows users to create personalized scrapbooks. Simulating the authentic look and feel of traditional, paper scrapbooks, the app allows users to cut and paste photos, text, YouTube video, web content, and data on to pages of their notebook. Content can be cropped, resized, rotated, stacked, framed, positioned, and written on. Handwriting, typewriting, and drawing tools, including a Quill, Marker, and Highlighter can be used to colorfully annotate and decorate each page, and all tools can be used directly on the page, over pasted content, or on a variety of post-it notes. Providing the charm and personality of paper scrapbooks with the convenience and multi-media content of a virtual notebook, Scrapnote was cited as an "Editor's Choice" in Australia and New Zealand, "New and Noteworthy" in Germany, and an outstanding app by Cult of Mac.
- Scrapnote's powerful functions make it the premiere scrapbooking app for iPad
- Scrapnoted data can be intuitively placed in a note and decorated with different skins
- Relevant text, photos, and video may be stored in the same space and easily explored
- Operating Scrapnote is as smooth and natural as writing with a pen
- Write, draw, paint, and underline different kinds of notes with a Marker, Quill, and Highlighter
- Draw very delicate lines, as if using a Technical Pen
- Write with the pen on Scrapnoted data
- Input text using a keyboard as well as handwriting
- Type titles, notes, explanations, and memos of all kinds
- Write on different fine papers such as ripped and sticky notes.
- Share, print, email, and sync notebooks
Digital scrapbooking is fast becoming the most popular method of preserving memories, documenting hobbies and interests, arranging photo albums, keeping a personal diary, saving thoughts and ideas, collecting recipes, and creating a wide variety of other themed notebooks for saving content in many forms. Digital scrapbooking on iPad offers the highest level of usability, convenience, portability, and display resolution currently available. And Scrapnote from groosoft is among the most elegant and powerful scrapbooking apps in the App Store. For the novice or experienced scrapbooker, Scrapnote is an economical, comprehensive solution.
At launch, Scrapnote defaults to the Notebook List, a display of 9 notebooks per page. Touching any notebook opens it, and users may browse from page to page, or use the thumbnail filmstrip display to navigate directly to any page. The app's User Guide, created within Scrapnote, is a simple, clear, multi-media introduction to all the app's features. Users start by creating a New Notebook, and may choose from 9 different cover and title styles and 13 different page styles, including: natural parchment, white parchment, plain yellow, white with blue lines (vertical), white with blue lines (horizontal), legal pad (vertical), legal pad (horizontal), graph paper (medium squares, small square, or dots), photo frame and caption (vertical), and photo frame and caption (horizontal).
At the center of the toolbar at the top of each page is the SCRAP command, which opens a dropdown menu allowing the user to access and place content from 6 different sources, including: the Web, YouTube, the Photo Library, an Evernote, the app's Inbox (storing .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .key, .numbers, and .pages files that have been imported), and the Clipboard. Scrapnoting is seamless, as the SCRAP function allows instant, smooth access to all types of content.
Types of Content that Can Be Scrapnoted:
- Web - archive a website as is; use the bookmarklet in Safari or iPad to Scrapnote the page currently being viewed
- YouTube - easily link YouTube videos and replay them any time; videos can be viewed as part of a page or in full screen mode
- Evernote - Scrapnote Evernote data stored in a computer, iDevice, or other applications
- Copy & Paste - copy the contents of other applications onto the clipboard and Scrapnote them
- Photos - Scrapnote photos from the Photo Library or the web
- Documents - Scrapnote many file formats, such as .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .key, .numbers, and .pages
Also in the toolbar are 8 small icon buttons: Notebook List, Add Page, Undo Action, Redo Action, Pen & Eraser, Text, Clear, and Tools. In addition to 15 bright colors and 5 tool thicknesses, the app offers 3 writing & drawing tools that create strokes that are realistic and expressive: a Highlighter, a Marker, and a Quill. Typewritten text can be created with a choice of many fonts, styles, and background colors. Especially eye-catching are 6 styles of notes that can be pasted on to any page.
"Scrapnote can gracefully capture websites, photos, documents, or online videos," commented Hyoseo Park of groosoft. "It is a handwriting application with the feeling of note-taking. Store your memories and content in a beautiful notebook, using an elegant app with the most useful features."
- English, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Korean
Scrapnote 1.1 is now at the special introductory price of $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available on request.