Graphixware today announces ScratchTones 3.4 for iOS, an update to its app that lets users record custom ringtones for use on iPhone devices. Featuring an integrated 4-track recording studio with overdub, mixer, eq, and reverb, it is a powerful, portable, recording studio. The flexible app accommodates internal and external mics and instrument interfaces, and offers dozens of optional pre-recorded ringtones. With true overdub capabilities (simultaneous record/playback), musicians can record a new track while playing back one or more recorded instrumental/vocal tracks.
* Record a custom ringtone on the app's 4-track recorder/mixer/eq
* Download dozens of pre-recorded ringtones as in-app purchases
* Record/mix/save ringtones in high-quality, AAC/128 kbps format (iPhone ringtone format)
* Export completed ringtone to iPhone via iTunes file sharing
* Recorder View with 4 individual tracks for recording, playback, volume adjustments, pan adjustments, and level indicators
* Mixer View with individual track mutes, volume adjustments, pan adjustments, master volume, reverb, and iPod equalizations
* My ScratchTones View to search, review, play, trim, edit, and remix your custom ringtones
* Pro ScratchTones View to search, review, play, and trim professionally recorded ringtones
* Buy ScratchTones View to preview and purchase professionally recorded ringtones
* Supports Apogee Jam Guitar Interface and Apogee MiC USB Condenser Mic
* Unlimited song or ringtone duration
Extremely easy to operate, users just choose one of three button located on each of the four track-modules: Record, Off, or Play. Once each track is set up, large Start and Stop buttons at the bottom of the screen control the recorder. Each track has its own level slider, pan slider, and horizontal level meter. When finished recording, the Mixer View lets users mix 1 - 4 channels simultaneously. Each channel includes a level and pan control, and a master level control controls volume. In addition to a reverb effect, sound mixers can choose from one of 22 EQ presets: Acoustic, Bass Booster, Bass Reducer, Classical, Dance, Deep, Electronic, Flat (default), Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Loudness, Lounge, Piano, Pop, R&B, Rock, Small Speakers, Spoken Word, Treble Booster, Treble Reducer, and Vocal Booster.
From the Buy ScratchTones View, users can purchase dozens of professionally recorded ringtones for use on their iPhone. Categories include: Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Miscellaneous, Nature, Sound Effects, and Wind Chimes, Alarms, Bells.
"Great ideas happen anywhere, so keep that iPhone handy," advised Charlie Cocchiaro of Graphixware. "Lay down a few tracks, adjust levels and pans, add special effects, and mix down your custom ringtone! With full editing capabilities, re-record and remix any of your tracks, anytime! Don't waste another minute waiting for the band to show! Plug in, write a new tune, practice recording, lay down a solo, or just jam! ScratchTones is the essential tool for musicians on the go!"
ScratchTones 3.4 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.