ShopSavvy, the world's largest mobile shopping community, today announced the introduction of ShopSavvy 6.4.0, now optimized for iPad users. Long the No. 1 shopping app for smartphone users with 40 million downloads, ShopSavvy 6 now includes a host of features that are perfect for iPad users who wish to research products, compare prices, and complete purchases from retailers across the Web - all without ever leaving the app.
"The iPad's immense popularity has created a new wave of shoppers: ones who never leave home. This year retailers are pursuing these consumers like never before; they're even letting them in on some of the same deals previously offered only in stores," said Alexander Muse, co-founder of ShopSavvy. "That's why we've made ShopSavvy 6 the ideal companion for iPad users."
ShopSavvy 6 features perfectly suited to iPad users include:
- One-touch purchasing from around the Web. With ShopSavvy 6, online shoppers don't have to go from website to website to make their holiday purchases. ShopSavvy offers easy in-app purchasing from a wide range of retailer websites, including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, JCPenney, Home Depot, Nordstrom, Toys R' Us and Barnes & Noble. With one-touch shopping, ShopSavvy users can scan or search for an item and then purchase it immediately without ever leaving the app.
- Enhanced keyword search. Searching for products is easy with ShopSavvy's built-in search engine, which enables users to type in product names to find the items to research and compare. With ShopSavvy 6, users can easily scroll through a list of of highly relevant results for all the items on their holiday shopping lists.
- Product lists. Users can easily create shopping lists, wish lists and lists of the most popular items based on ShopSavvy search volumes. The iPad's larger display makes it that much easier for users to create their wish lists and make their holiday purchases. Those who aren't sure what to purchase can look to the "Most Popular Items" list to see what's hot this year.
- Deals tab. The ShopSavvy Deals tab features a Twitter-like stream of special offers, promotions and coupons from ShopSavvy's retail partners; this season, the app is offering more deals than ever. Local deals are displayed based on the consumer's location and organized by retailer and product category, giving the user the ability to quickly browse available deals at nearby stores.
- User-generated product reviews. ShopSavvy users can read about other people's experiences and share their own advice about products purchased. With thousands of reviews, ShopSavvy provides users a wealth of knowledge with which to make informed purchasing decisions.
iPad and iPhone users can download ShopSavvy for free in Apple's App Store. The app is also available on Android and Windows phones.
ShopSavvy b-roll, high-resolution images and other digital assets can be downloaded by broadcast media, bloggers and others online.
ShopSavvy 6.4.0 is and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.