Independent designer Colin Ritchie of Periscope Audio Lab today is pleased to announce the immediate update (v1.2) of his app SpaceSampler - An audio convolution app that lets you record, apply filters from real acoustic spaces and equipment and then share with anyone. Building on the core functionality, v1.2 adds a professional quality, 3-band Parametric Equalizer with independent, variable High Pass and Low Pass filters, the ability to loop audio and Sonoma Wireworks Audio Paste (v1.1). High quality audio convolution reverbs and EQ's are used everyday in professional recording studios to give depth, color, clarity and uniqueness to audio. This technology now comes to iOS as SpaceSampler.
For musicians and non-musicians alike, SpaceSampler can be used with nothing more than an iPhone. Simply record audio via the built in microphone, use the resume-recording feature to stop and add more audio to the end of this recording, audition the impressive selection of 15 meticulously crafted Impulse Response Filters, set the mix via the big red knob, slide over to the Parametric Equalizer to surgically cut or boost frequencies, and then save the audio. Saved audio can then be shared via e-mail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, copied to other compatible music apps or even loaded back into the sampler and looped. With the now included Sonoma Wireworks Audio Paste, recordings or audio made in other apps can be pasted into SpaceSampler for filtering.
iLounge recently said that SpaceSampler is "...doing for audio what apps such as CameraBag and Instagram do for photos" and developer Colin Ritchie said that "Adding a professional quality Parametric Equalizer, Looping and Audio Paste shows our commitment to releasing compelling enhancements to SpaceSampler."
Start with this core set, then combine and set your mix for an infinite variety of tonal colors:
- Tape Echo: A classic old-school tape echo with a touch of spring reverb
- Glitchy: Unique delay pattern blips add a circuit-bent type sound
- Studio Vox: Smooth UK mic pre, EQ and a nice studio vocal booth
- Slap Back: Classic '50s Rock-A-Billy slap back echo
- Dream Plate: The venerable 60s plate reverb
- Great Hall: Long and spacious hall reverb
- Smooth Spring: The classic guitar-amp reverb
- Pop Doubler: A rich doubled sound, perfect for pop vocals
- Warm Room: A medium length, woody sounding, warm room reverb
- Inverse: A strange reversed room effect
- Studio One: Get down with this fun dub delay
- AM Radio: Emulation of a vintage, band-limited AM Radio
- Stadium: Announce your favorite game, or take the stage with this big delay
- Electro: Robotic, vocoder type voice disguise
- Slow Wave: A classic 1980s chamber with a hint of delay
Record, paste or import audio, select between filters, EQ, set the mix, and then share. The high quality filters, or Impulse Responses (IRs), are captured from real gear and acoustic spaces, creating realistic, unusual or far-out effects for any type of audio source.
- Effects are modeled from actual rooms, spaces and gear
- 3 Band Parametric EQ & variable High and Low Pass filters
- Integrated sampler with resume recording and looping
- Live monitoring for low-latency, real-time effects
- Recording browser for easy file management
- Copy & Paste audio in and out via Sonoma Wireworks MAPI
- Share via e-mail, iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox & SoundCloud
- Choose between .wav and .mp4 for file encoding
- Big mix knob blends between effected and dry signals
- Re-load recordings for mulit-layered effects
- Fast convolution algorithm
- Simple, intuitive interface
SpaceSampler 1.2 is available for $1.99 (or equivalent in other currencies) and is available worldwide on the App Store in the 'Music' category. For more information and screenshots please visit Periscope Audio Lab online.