Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in cross-device computing, today released FileHound, an app to remotely access computer files from an iPhone and iPod touch. Designed for small screens, FileHound is the easiest way to list, search and navigate documents, photos, music and videos on a computer and leverages Splashtop's award-winning remote desktop technology.
Specifically designed for ease of use on mobile devices with small screens, FileHound eliminates the need to transfer, convert or sync files and multimedia content among devices. Important work files and office applications, such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word, are easily found and accessed with this app. In addition, content for personal entertainment, including movies, music, photos and videos can be viewed remotely.
"FileHound puts some ‘bark' into your smartphone!" said Mark Lee, CEO of Splashtop. "It is designed to be your new best friend to fetch files when you are on the go. In fact, we think you're going to like FileHound so much you might even start petting your iPhone!"
FileHound's features include the ability to:
- Instantly see a list of all files with two taps on the screen
- Find files with easy-to-use FileHound search or the recent items folder
- Navigate with Trackpad mode for ultimate precision on small screens
- Use the shortcut toolbar to toggle between browsing and editing modes
- Activate the keyboard or scroll bar
- Zoom in or out of a screen
- Lock the screen orientation
- Easily disconnect a session
FileHound is simple to install and compatible with all versions of iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 4 or above) and Windows 7, Vista and XP. Just install the FileHound app on an iPhone or iPod touch and the Splashtop Streamer software on a remote computer. Then create a security code on both devices. Once installed, FileHound users can find and access files on a remote computer from anywhere in the world.