Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in cross-device computing, today announced the release of its Mac client for Splashtop Remote Desktop to be demonstrated at MacWorld Asia 2011, Beijing, China, September 22-25. Now Mac users can enjoy Mac-to-PC and Mac-to-Mac remote access from a private network or across the Internet. Currently Splashtop Remote Desktop enables millions of mobile devices, from tablets to smartphones, to remotely access PCs and Macs with full audio and high-definition (HD) video.
"Cats and dogs, oil and water, Macs and PCs – some things just didn't belong together until Splashtop came along," said Mark Lee, CEO and co-founder of Splashtop. “With our new Mac client, not only can Splashtop Remote Desktop users access their computers, but they can enjoy such features as the ability to run PC games and software remotely on a Mac with full HD and audio. Maybe that's why some customers call our product the Cat's Meow.”
Download Splashtop Remote Desktop from the Mac App Store at a discounted price of $9.99 for the launch week.
Splashtop Remote Desktop for Mac enables users to:
- Access important files or photos on another computer without worrying about syncing, converting or compatibility issues
- Use MS Office, Silverlight and other Windows software without having to install it on a Mac
- Play HD movies and music from central media libraries without the hassle of transferring files
- Run graphic-intensive PC games on a powerful machine and play them from a portable Mac
- Watch HD videos streamed from a PC or Mac at up to 30 frames per second
- Access the latest IE browser to view ActiveX enabled websites from a Mac
Splashtop Remote Desktop for Mac features include:
- High performance video and audio streaming from your remote computer
- Easy connectivity via LAN, Wi-Fi or over the Internet with Internet Discovery
- Setup with ease through a simple, intuitive interface
- Wake-on-LAN support
- Mac OS X Lion compatible
Splashtop Remote Desktop eliminates the need to transfer, convert or sync files and multimedia among devices. Important work files and office applications, such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word, are easily accessed with this new app. Content for personal entertainment, including movies, music, photos and even 3D games, can also be viewed remotely. Simply go anywhere with just your mobile device, smartphone, tablet, notebook or ultrabook, and still have full access to your PC or Mac with a Splashtop Streamer installed.
Splashtop Remote Desktop is comprised of two components:
- A Splashtop Remote Desktop application running on the client device, supporting iOS, Android, webOS, Windows, and now Mac OS
- The free Splashtop Streamer software that runs on any computer with Windows 7, Vista, XP, or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher installed
Visit MacWorld Asia 2011, Booth #703, China National Convention Center, Beijing, September 22-25, for a demonstration of Splashtop Remote Desktop for Mac. At the Mobile Internet Forum attend “How to use remote desktop technology on iPad/iPhone,” Room 401, with Cliff Miller, Splashtop chief marketing officer, on September 22, 1:30 p.m. and enjoy “Play Windows internet games such as WOW on an iPad,” on the main stage, September, 24,12:30-2:00 p.m.