Prominent local software developer, Anne K. Halsall kicked off her new mobile app company Flying the Sun with the release of Baby's Day, an iPhone app designed to help mothers of young infants keep track of breastfeeding and pumping. "Not many developers are moms, and I think it shows in the apps that are out there," Halsall said. "I wanted to build something modern and well-designed that was also influenced by my experiences as a mother."
Halsall is an active member of the Cocoa development community and has made significant contributions to tech startups Quora and Inkling. She is also a new mother and takes care of an infant herself. "It's quite a challenge running a business while raising a child, but I feel more motivated now than ever," she said. "Having a baby kicked my entrepreneurial side into high gear."
* Clean, native iOS 7 design optimized for one-handed use
* Streamlined data entry for tracking breastfeeding, pumping, bottles and more
* Support for twins and multiple children
* Track baby's growth over time
* Identify patterns and troubleshoot problems with easy-to-read trends
Baby's Day 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category.