StudyWhiz is a program for learning that does not require any specific tools or technology. However, in recognition of the fantastic possibilities for mobile learning and student engagement offered by modern post-pc technology, StudyWhiz is very pleased to announce the availability of StudyWhiz 1.0 for iPad. The app has been developed in conjunction with Specialist Apps Ltd.
The StudyWhiz app for iPad helps to guide learners to pay attention to and think about their own thinking, and to adapt their learning strategies in response to new challenges. The app invigorates the active part of the learner's memory system which is the foundation of the brain's executive function.
The app is available to download from the Apple App Store and students, teachers and parents alike will find a benefit in using the app.
No More Guessing How to Study:
StudyWhiz App incorporates what we know about how people learn to put students in control of their own learning, helping them to become more purposeful learners. StudyWhiz App is an interactive application for the Apple iPad that makes learning exciting and memorable. It brings together skills a student needs to succeed in school.
Make Learning Memorable:
* Guide thinking in ways that make learning easy
* Help students notice things they never noticed before
* Organize study material for quick and efficient access
* Expand learning resources by putting the internet a click away
* Generate images and pictures that enliven notes and study material
* Sort important ideas for future use
* Create graphic organizers
Test Ideas in Action:
* Monitor learning progress
* Send homework and class assignments to the teacher and other students
* Create practice tests
* Guide writing
Make Studying Easier:
* Pull all of your learning materials into useful, personal study guides
* Access study guides on the go
* Share study guides with other students
Organized into seven connected learning sets called "Mind Frames", the StudyWhiz App provides a series of content organizers and visual thinking prompts that help students unlock their natural ability to learn.
About Dr Clif St. Germain:
Dr Clif St. Germain has spent three decades helping schools and other organizations design learning environments that maximize individual potential. He received his PhD in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Texas at Austin, served as principal in two model schools, and now works as an author, lecturer, consultant, and director of The Center for Academic Excellence in Mandeville, Louisiana. Clif also designs learning materials for struggling students and helps organizations create programs that improve learner performance. He consults with schools districts and business leaders to promote learning, leadership, and personal development.
StudyWhiz 1.0 is $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.