Award-winning educational software publisher Terasoft, a. s., today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Action Sight Words Games & Flashcards for Reading Success for iPhone and iPad from its new professional series aimed at early reading improvement. Featuring a total of 6 engaging games with over 300 high-frequency English words from the popular Dolch Sight Words List, the Action Sight Words Games application makes learning vocabulary and spelling fun and easy for young learners.
"hits the mark on being both educational, and entertaining for kids" - Apps 4 Moms
Feed the hungry dog to learn spelling, save the Wordaliens, get the gears moving and a more - this awaits you in Actions Sight Words Games, an application that excels in the vast number of games and an interactive, child-friendly design.
- Advanced word management options with possibility to choose either the level of difficulty of the words to be practiced or even the individual words from each level
- 6 games to target 3 key process for ideal learning trajectory: memorization (Flash Cards & Spelling), recognition (Bingo, Memory Game, Gears), and practice (Word Machine)
- Choice of capitalized words / upper-case / lower-case letters
- Hall of Fame where children can record their best scores for increased motivation
- Avatar selection
What are sight words and why to teach them?
Sight words are words in English language that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and letters - in other words, they have to be memorized and instantly recognized - recognized "on sight," so to speak. In an average, non-technical text, they comprise over 50-70% of total words. Therefore, children who can quickly recognize sight words can read better because while they read, they can focus on inferring the words they do not know while still understanding most of the grammatical structure of the text. Learning sight words is thus a crucial step towards an enormous reading improvement.
- Ideal for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and 1st grade students
- Also suitable for children with learning difficulties and for ESL/EFL learners
Action Sight Words Games & Flashcards for Reading Success 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.