ProtectStar(TM) Inc. today is pleased to announce iShredder 2 (v2.0) for iOS. If you want to sell or give away your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch you should definitely secure erase all personal data. The new iShredder 2 from ProtectStar offers military-grade security and will overwrite the free storage space of the device, according to the guidelines of the government services.
In a nutshell:
- The new iShredder 2 from ProtectStar, Inc. is a popular security utility app
- Like an Industrial Grade paper shredder, this tiny program goes beyond international security standards.
- Secure erasing methods such as DoD 5220.22-M ECE, US Army, NATO Standard and Gutmann
- 11 possible deletion methods
- Exceeds Military Standards for data deletion
- Completely beyond recovery even for experts and government agencies
- Available in four languages: English, Spanish, German and Portugese
- Technical support by e-Mail
- Available as a free upgrade for user of the previous version
- Price: $4.99 (USD)
Many Apple fans like to be on the cutting-edge of technology. When Apple releases a new model of the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad a great number of users immediately purchase the current all-round hardware in the pocket or briefcase version.
What to do with the old model? It is often given away or sold. The problem: even though the devices are small, they often contain a whole life. Personal photos, videos, appointments, addresses, e-mails with sensitive content, internet links as well as private records in apps.
It's simple for hackers and prying minds, to restore supposedly deleted files from the memory on your Apple device these days. Before you sell or give away your Apple device, you'll need to make sure that all your personal files on the device have been mutilated beyond recovery.
Like an Industrial Grade paper shredder, this tiny program goes beyond international security standards:
The new ProtectStar iShredder 2 Pro is very easy to use. It can simply be transferred to the iPhone or iPod touch after they have been restored to the factory condition.
It takes just three simple steps to overwrite the free space using patented security standards, making it impossible to rescue any deleted files:
- First, open ProtectStar(TM) iShredder
- Second, select a secure deletion algorithm
- Third, start the deletion process
ProtectStar(TM) iShredder surpasses international standards used by state and military organisations in secure file deletion with a wide selection of tried-and-trusted state-of-the-art deletion algorithms. Each algorithm has been analysed by authorities and independent organisations to make sure it really does what it says on the tin - data destruction beyond redemption. Depending on the edition, the iShredder package comes with deletion algorithms such as DoD 5220.22-M E, US Air Force (AFSSI-5020), US Army AR380-19, DoD 5220.22-M ECE, BSI/VS-ITR TL-03423 Standard, BSI-VS-2011, NATO Standard, Gutmann, HMG InfoSec No.5, DoD 5220.22 SSD and others.
The new ProtectStar iShredder 2 Pro (v2.0) is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) in the languages English, Spanish, German, Portuguese and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.