Sage Board Games today announced the release of Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates onto iOS and now Google Play. Tigris & Euphrates is one of the most well-known board games in the genre, having won the prestigious 1997 Meeples' Choice Award, 1998 Deutscher Spiele Preis Best Family/Adult Game Winner and 1998 Spiel des Jahres Recommended. It is also widely considered to be Reiner Knizia's masterpiece. The European-style game relies heavily on strategy and player interaction and was well received on iOS devices.
Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates features the same rules, graphics and gameplay as the classic board game. The game is set in the ancient fertile crescent. Within the game, players build civilizations through the placement of tiles such as markets, temples, farms or settlements. Tigris & Euphrates is one of the highest ranking board games on the App Store and has won multiple awards and recognition including the 2011 iOS Board Game Awards.
* Visually stunning graphics utilizing traditional board game design
* Immersive theme music and the option to integrate your own music playlist
* Full tutorial and in-game hints
* Support for three modes of play
* Solo play with varying degrees of AI difficulty
* "Pass and play" with 2 to 4 local human players with or without AI
* Asynchronous online multiplayer (iOS only)
Reiner Knizia's Tigris & Euphrates is available for download on the iTunes App Store for $4.99 (USD) in the Games category. It is also available for Google Play for $3.99.