CodeLathe, the leader in Personal Cloud software and services, today launches a major update to its Tonido personal cloud server and iPhone/iPad app that will help families to automatically organize and catalogue their personal photos, music and videos. Tonido 5.0.1 lets individuals watch videos, listen to music, see photos and open documents that are stored on their computer right from their mobile iOS device. Users can now share their personal media without worrying about the privacy and security of their data.
"Media indexing and organization is one of the most requested features by our user community. When we set out to build this feature, our aim was to achieve a new benchmark in media indexing performance. We are extremely pleased with what we have achieved. For instance, our test results show Tonido takes only a few minutes to index a collection of 31714 photos, 11259 songs, 1734 videos using a Quad Core 2 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB RAM Mac OSX 10.7.5 computer. Furthermore, subsequent reindexing of this large media collection takes only 5 seconds. With Tonido's superior media indexing performance, users can now catalogue their large media collection in a few minutes," said Anis Abdul, CTO of CodeLathe.
Tonido offers users secure access to their home computer's entire collection of documents, photos, music and videos from anywhere without uploading it to a public cloud service. Individuals begin by downloading the free Tonido server app on their desktop and the free mobile app onto their iOS device. Employing smart LAN switching technology to use gigabit access speed within home LAN networks, the app safely connects users to the documents stored on their desktop in seconds. Users can also access their files via Wi-Fi or 3G mobile networks, backup their photos and videos from their iPhone/iPad to their Tonido personal cloud, and download files for offline viewing.
"Today, households store terabytes of personal data in the form of photos, music and home videos on their PCs or NAS devices. Organizing this large personal media collection manually is an onerous task. Also, uploading terabytes of personal media to multiple online services for organization is not a practical solution. Tonido's automatic media indexing and management technology solves this problem elegantly. It automatically catalogues photos, music and videos and makes it accessible from anywhere using one's iPhone and iPad. Tonido is an extremely useful app for anybody with a large collection of personal media. Management of personal media has never been this easier," said Madhan Kanagavel, CEO of CodeLathe.
* Automatic organization of photos by year and month based on EXIF Meta data
* Automatic indexing of music and organize it based on Song, Artist, Genre and Album names
* Automatic, multi-format live video transcoding and streaming (including MOV, MP4, M4V, MPG, MPEG, AVI, VOB, MKV, WMV, XVID, FLV, SWF, OGG, GP3, MTS, M2TS). Requires no manual conversion of video files for playback.
* Automatic multi-format music streaming and playlist support (including FLAC, OGG, WMA, MP3, and more)
* Tonido companion server apps are available for all computer platforms: Windows, Mac OSX and Linux
* Plug-and-Play remote access. No fiddling with router settings
* Easy to remember web URL access to one's personal computer
* Stream Music and Videos to Apple TV using Airplay
* Listen to an iTunes Playlist from anywhere
Tonido 5.0.1 is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Productivity category. The Tonido server app is available for free download at the Tonido website.
Watch the Video