Houston based, J&H Web Technologies, introduces Unlistr Pro 1.2, a new app for iPhone and iPad that allows email users to scan and bulk unsubscribe from junk email such as newsletters, advertisements, deals, social media and other subscribed content. Unlistr's algorithm works on any POP3/IMAP account, finds email subscription lists and unsubscribes junk email automatically. In version 1.2, Unlistr Pro includes an option to scan sub-folders including the default junk/spam folder.
After inputting a user's email credentials into this native app, Unlistr scans the user's inbox using an algorithm to locate subscription based email, similar to a virus scan. Credentials do not leave the user's device and no third party "access" is granted to email or contacts. In the second screen, the user is presented with a check-list of all email subscription spam being sent to the user's email. At this point, the user may ignore the lists they wish to keep and unsubscribe from the rest with one button action. Additionally, the user may schedule scans to be alerted.
Unlistr Pro claims that email users should expect a significant reduction of unwanted email after two weeks of semi-frequent use.
Unlistr Pro 1.2 Feature Highlights:
- Connects to any POP3/IMAP account including @me.com, @mac.com, @hotmail, @live, @gmail, @yahoo, @rocketmail and @ymail accounts
- Skips mailing lists that have been blacklisted
- Works on almost all newsletters, retailer ads, advertisement listservs, shopping websites, etc.
- Maintains an ignored list
- Connects to any other email server via IMAP/POP3
- Scans up to 1,000 emails per scan
- Scans labels and sub-folders (IMAP only)
- Adds and scans multiple accounts at once
- Schedules scans
Unlistr Pro 1.2 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Unlistr 1.2, the free version, is also available for download and may be upgraded to receive all Pro features. Both versions are native iOS applications built in Objective-C.