Chris Ridings, an independent UK developer, is proud to announce the release of My Drive for iOS 1.0, a new app that makes file sharing between your iPad or iPhone and your Windows PC easy.
"Fed up with constantly having to plug and unplug the iPad to my computer and remember to upload modified versions of files, i made an app that acts as if it was a wireless USB drive," explained app developer Chris Ridings. "This enabled files to easily be wirelessly copied to the device and edited with apps on the iPad (or iPhone) itself or directly from Windows."
Acting just like a drive within Windows made this app unique on the App Store. A feature that seems to have been appreciated in India, initially propelling it to the number 2 app in the Utility category of the App Store and 18 overall. My Drive for iOS requires no client software to be installed on the Windows PC, it just works. It boasts the following features:
* Access files directly from Windows Explorer (no client software needed)
* Supports all Windows file management functions (open,delete,rename,create directory,thumbnail,etc)
* Access photo library (albums/photos) from Windows in a folder (open, thumbnail, copy paste)
* App file management functions (move, delete, rename)
* App preview files and then - open in, print, mail, message, airdrop
Effortlessly import files from other apps using "Open In" and choosing My Drive for iOS. The file is then instantly accessible in the My Drive for iOS app or in Windows Explorer on the PC. These days Chris' regular USB drive is left in a draw, his iPad does it all wirelessly, and his iPad only gets a cable plugged in when it needs charging.
My Drive for iOS 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Watch the Video