http Workday, Inc., the leader in SaaS-based enterprise solutions for global human resources (HR), payroll, and financial management, today announces general availability of Workday for iPad. In addition, Workday reveals key enhancements to Workday for iPhone. Workday mobile solutions are available to users on the App Store(SM) -- at no additional cost -- as part of customers' regular subscription fees.
- Workday for iPad, now available, is a native built mobile solution designed specifically for the way business leaders interact with the device. The solution features:
- Organizational Swirl. Users can intuitively navigate through organizational hierarchies and drill into a worker's profile to view job information, talent information, job history and compensation history.
- Workfeed. Enables users to monitor personal activity streams, prioritize tasks, and respond to alerts and approval needs, such as time off requests and expense reimbursements.
- Real Time Business Intelligence. Allows users to stay connected to the business anytime, anywhere with real time drillable reports and analytics to support activities such as Workforce Planning, Compensation Management, Talent Management and Financial Management.
- Google Maps™ Integration. Users can view a colleague's work location on Google Maps.
- Workday for iPhone now includes:
- Mobile Expense Receipt Capture. Users now have the ability to capture and submit receipts on the go using the iPhone camera.
- Other key mobile enhancements for Workday for iPad and Workday for iPhone users include:
- Multi-Tasking Support. Users now multi-task on their mobile devices, eliminating the burden of signing in each time they return to their Workday mobile app.
- Enterprise-grade Authentication. Workday extends SAML authentication to its mobile applications. This allows users to securely and conveniently sign in to Workday's mobile applications using the same authentication method and credentials they use for Workday on their desktop and other enterprise systems.
Comments on the News
"The iPad is a real game changer. Since Workday is delivered entirely in the cloud, workers don't need to access the app from a browser -- we can bring the solution to the user, wherever they are and on whatever device they use," said Aneel Bhusri, Workday co-founder and CEO. "As iPads continue to be adopted by c-level executives, we expect they will become the primary consumption device for Workday solutions. Therefore, we're increasingly building features and functionality for mobile solutions first and the browser second. We are excited for the opportunity to deliver continued innovation to our customers in the area of enterprise mobility."
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses, combining a lower cost of ownership with an innovative approach to business applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers unified Human Capital Management, Payroll, and Financial Management solutions designed for today's organizations and the way people work. Delivered in the cloud leveraging a modern technology platform, Workday offers a fresh alternative to legacy ERP. More than 210 customers, spanning mid-sized organizations to Fortune 500 businesses, have selected Workday. Visit us at www.workday.com.
© 2011. Workday, Inc. All rights reserved. Workday and the Workday logo are registered trademarks of Workday, Inc. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.