PhatWare Corporation announces today the latest update to its WritePad note-taking and handwriting recognition app for iPad. This update centers on the ability to import words into the WritePad dictionary from their contacts and events, or from the currently open document.
The new version of WritePad also features multiple main dictionaries, including free US and UK English dictionaries and the US English Medical dictionary as an in-app purchase.
The user and main dictionaries are essential for high quality handwriting recognition. The dictionaries are used not only for handwriting recognition but also for spell-checking and word auto-completion. By selecting the appropriate main dictionary and adding new words to the user dictionary, users can improve overall recognition quality and increase their productivity.
The new English Medical dictionary, which contains over 130,000 medical and pharmaceutical terms and abbreviations, is designed for medical professionals and students.
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS, which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email or SMS, Tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook Wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPhone resources.
With WritePad, users can:
- Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode.
- Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features.
- Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad's Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user's own handwriting style.
- Email, Tweet, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad.
- Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes, or upload documents to Google Docs.
- Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator.
- Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature.