As you might suspect from its name, beamME CV and Resume Sender enables job hunters to send a cover letter, resume and vCard to a company's potential hiring manager. The way you do that is to register with rmbrme and upload your contact info and resume, which makes it possible for you to email your resume as an attachment.
You can unsubscribe to the service so that the company will no longer send you emails, but you specifically have to ask them to remove your info.
- The first thing to do is create a beamMe account, which is pretty simple. Tap the "Create Details" button and pull your personal info from your Contact List. Most people probably have that stashed away in their Contact List; if not, you'll have to do enter it first.
- Next, create a cover letter either from scratch or use the one that is already provided with beamME CV and Resume Sender.
- Next, tap the "Send Upload Instructions" and rmbrME will send you an email with instructions on how to upload your resume.
- Click on the Upload My CV link in the email, which takes you to rmbrme's site. Browse your desktop for your resume and upload. rmbrME suggests using a resume saved as a PDF, which maintains formatting and is readable on a wide variety of portable devices.
- Go to "Account Preferences" to create a vCard, again using your Contact info and a headshot if you have one.
Once you're done, you can share your cover letter, resume and vCard with anyone (mobile or desktop) via email. Your recipient will get an email with your cover letter and with your resume attached. There's also a "powered by beamMe" tag at the bottom. You can also tag every contact with his or her location on a map.