1. When did you start developing apps for the iPhone?
Bachar: I started developing about three months ago and this is my first app.
2. What was the inspiration behind your app?
Bachar: The inspiration behind MyMate came from issues I along with most men face every month with their spouse or significant other. I thought just being able to know where they are in their cycle would be great help. From there I tried to make the app more useful by adding additional features like the ability to store sizes.
3. How did you settle on your price point for the app?
Bachar: I determined the price point by looking at similar apps and seeing what they are selling for. I also wanted to offer a discounted price initially to make it easier for everyone to get.
4. How did you like the developer tools provided in the iPhone SDK? Is there anything missing?
Bachar: The tools are good for the most part; I just wish they can make the ad-hoc distribution simpler.
5. What are some of the other iPhone apps that you like?
Bachar: Some of my favorite apps are Aquaforest, AirSharing and Shazam.
6. What kind of features should apple implement in future versions of the iPhone / SDK?
Bachar: I can think of two features I hope Apple would implement, one is to allow apps to run in the background and the other is to have the ability to remove system apps.
7. Are you working on any other apps that you will be releasing soon?
Bachar: I have a lot of ideas but no plans at this point.