1. When did you start developing apps for the iPhone?
2. What was the inspiration behind your app?
Michael Neuwert: I wanted to learn Objective-C and Cocoa by creating a software product on one hand. On the other hand I missed an easy-to-use unit converter which i could use myself.
3. How did you settle on your price point for the app?
Michael Neuwert: Price was more or less dictated by the competitors;-)
4. Roughly how many apps did you sell in the first month of operation?
Michael Neuwert: 2 apps: Measures and DoF
5. How did you like the developer tools provided in the iPhone SDK? Is there anything missing?
Michael Neuwert: I just love them. You can’t expect more from the embedded development tools package. I did some development on Symbian and it was a real pain.
6. Is your company privately owned? Venture backed?
Michael Neuwert: Sole proprietorship
7. What are some of the other iPhone apps that you like?
8. What kind of features should apple implement in future versions of the iPhone / SDK?
Michael Neuwert: Let me dig out all the features currently available first;-)
9. What’s the development cycle for iPhone apps like?
Michael Neuwert: I think that it is highly individual.. For me it is like this: idea → paper prototyping → rough mock-up → final polished app
10. Are you working on any other apps that you will be releasing soon?
Michael Neuwert: I am playing around with some ideas. Nothing concrete yet.