After the Covid-19 pandemic, this is the first time that the Worlds 2022 Championship of League Of Legends is happening in North America. The Championship is going to be different for many reasons. The World Championship of League of Legends is a yearly tournament where teams from different countries around the globe participate.
The winning team of this Championship will be crowned the World Champions, along with a big cash prize. On average, more than eight hundred players take part in the tournament in over one hundred professional LoL teams. There is a qualification criterion that each team has to meet in order to take part in the tournament.
You can find all the important information regarding Worlds 2022 here, like its schedule, match locations, teams playing, and how you can watch the Championship. So, let’s check these out!
Worlds 2022 Schedule – Dates And Location
The play-in for Worlds 2022 will start on September 29, while the final will happen on November 5, 2022. The tournament will take place in Mexico City, while the Grand finale will be in San Francisco.
Originally, the semifinals were scheduled for Toronto, but developers had to change the venue because of Covid-19 restrictions, and New York City became the hub of the League of Legends World tournament. Below are the complete details of each stage of the tournament and you can check the official LoL website for a more detailed schedule.
- Play-ins will happen between September 29 and October 4 at the Arena Esports Stadium in Mexico City.
- Group Matches will happen between October 7 and October 16 at Hulu Theater in New York City.
- Quarter Finals will happen between October 20 and October 23 at Hulu Theater in New York City.
- Semifinals will take place at the State Farm Arena in Atlanta between October 29 and October 30.
- Worlds 2022 finals will happen at Chase Center in San Francisco on November 5.
Worlds 2022: Teams That Will Be Playing
Teams that play in the world championship are selected for the tournament according to their performance in recent league matches. Strong teams don’t have to take part in play-ins, while weak teams have to win play-ins to continue their journey. Below are all the teams for Worlds according to their regions.
Also Read: Overwatch 2 Players will Receive Free Skins & Items Due To Game’s Bad Launch
CHINA – LPL
- 1st Seed JingDong Gaming Intel (JDG)
- 2nd Seed TOP Esports (TES)
- 3rd Seed Edward Gaming Hycan (EDG)
- 4th Seed Royal Never Give Up (RNG)
KOREA – LCK
- 1st Seed Gen.G (GEN)
- 2nd Seed T1 (T1)
- 3rd Seed DWG KIA (DK)
- 4th Seed DRX (DRX)
EUROPE – LEC
- 1st Seed Rogue (RGE)
- 2nd Seed G2 Esports (G2)
- 3rd Seed Fnatic (FNC)
- 4th Seed MAD Lions (MAD)
NORTH AMERICA – LCS
- 1st Seed Cloud9 (C9)
- 2nd Seed 100 Thieves (100T)
- 3rd Seed Evil Geniuses (EG)
SOUTHEAST ASIA – PCS
- 1st Seed CTBC Flying Oyster (CFO)
- 2nd Seed Mega Bank Beyond Gaming (BYG)
VIETNAM – VCS
- 1st Seed GAM Esports (GAM)
- 2nd Seed Saigon Buffalo (SGB)
BRAZIL – CBLOL
- Loud (LOUD)
JAPAN – LJL
- DetonatioN FocusMe (DFM)
LATIN AMERICA – LLA
- Isurus (ISG)
OCEANIA – LCO
- Chiefs Esports Club (CHF)
TURKEY – TCL
- DenizBank Wildcats (IW)
Groups for Worlds 2022
Teams are further divided into groups for better management, and teams from different regions are added to a group. The Worlds 2022 will have three stages: the play-in stage, the group stage, and the knockout stage. Every team has to go through these stages before reaching the final. Here are all the available groups for Worlds 2022.
There are twelve teams for the play-in stage, and each team is added to a pool. Two winners from each pool will continue to the group stage given below. There are a total of three pools, each with three teams.
- Pool A consisted of RNG, DRX, FNC, and BYG
- Pool B consisted of MAD, EG, SGB, and DFM
- Pool C consisted of CHF, IW, ISG, and LOUD
Just like the play-in stage, twelve teams will start their journey directly in the group stage. Two teams from each group will progress to the knockout stage. Below are the pools for the group stage in Worlds.
- Pool A consisted of JDG, GEN, RGE, and C9
- Pool B consisted of CFO, T1, TES, and G2
- Pool C consisted of 100T, SGB, DK, and EDG
Worlds 2022: Where To Watch?
Now that you have the complete schedule for the Worlds 2022 tournament and information about all the teams, it is time to tune in and watch the matches. You can watch the tournament directly on the official YouTube and Twitch pages of Riot games, or you can also watch your favorite streamers streaming it.
This article is published by Appcraver.com (c)